RadioBanter

-   -   CW-forever Guys are gonna go balistic! (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/106860-re-cw-forever-guys-gonna-go-balistic.html)

Slow Code October 12th 06 02:00 AM

CW-forever Guys are gonna go balistic!

"Iitoi" wrote in
ink.net:

80M and 40M phone band expansion

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-06-149A1.doc

I don't know if we'll get Mad right away but it's clear the FCC and the
ARRL want to drive all good hams out of the service. Little by little
they'll take away the non-phone portions of the bands and hand it over to
the phone users. Like a frog in a pot of water that's raised to boiling
point, one day us real hams will find we have to place to communicate on
the ham bands that doesn't sound like Citizens Band.

SC

U-Know-Who October 12th 06 02:59 AM

CW-forever Guys are gonna go balistic!

"Slow Code" wrote in message
nk.net...
"Iitoi" wrote in
ink.net:

80M and 40M phone band expansion

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-06-149A1.doc

I don't know if we'll get Mad right away but it's clear the FCC and the
ARRL want to drive all good hams out of the service. Little by little
they'll take away the non-phone portions of the bands and hand it over to
the phone users. Like a frog in a pot of water that's raised to boiling
point, one day us real hams will find we have to place to communicate on
the ham bands that doesn't sound like Citizens Band.

SC

Anyone got some of what he's smoking?

Charlie October 12th 06 04:28 AM

CW-forever Guys are gonna go balistic!

Might be he's toking down on some Hawaiian Salvia Divinorum....(google it)
-ps there is a Salvia ng too.....

Slow Code October 13th 06 01:18 AM

CW-forever Guys are gonna go balistic!

"U-Know-Who" wrote in
:

"Slow Code" wrote in message
nk.net...
"Iitoi" wrote in
ink.net:

80M and 40M phone band expansion

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-06-149A1.doc

I don't know if we'll get Mad right away but it's clear the FCC and the
ARRL want to drive all good hams out of the service. Little by little
they'll take away the non-phone portions of the bands and hand it over
to the phone users. Like a frog in a pot of water that's raised to
boiling point, one day us real hams will find we have to place to
communicate on the ham bands that doesn't sound like Citizens Band.

SC

Anyone got some of what he's smoking?

I smoke Marlboro, but you're not man enough to smoke'em. You should stick
with your Virginia Slims.

Make any CW contacts lately?

SC

labtech1 October 15th 06 09:42 AM

CW-forever Guys are gonna go balistic!

Why don't you guys take this CW crap to the HAM radio group and leave it
there. This is a Scanner Group, not shortwave or ham radio. Can't think of
ANY time I've ever tried to receive CW on my scanner.

Alun L. Palmer October 15th 06 04:56 PM

CW-forever Guys are gonna go balistic!

Slow Code wrote in news:6tgXg.8071$Y24.103
@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net:

"Iitoi" wrote in
ink.net:

80M and 40M phone band expansion

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-06-149A1.doc

I don't know if we'll get Mad right away but it's clear the FCC and the
ARRL want to drive all good hams out of the service. Little by little
they'll take away the non-phone portions of the bands and hand it over to
the phone users. Like a frog in a pot of water that's raised to boiling
point, one day us real hams will find we have to place to communicate on
the ham bands that doesn't sound like Citizens Band.

SC

Here's a reality check.

On 80m the rest of the world, except Canada, has always had phone down to
3600 as far back as I can remember, and we are merely joining them. The VE
phone ops still have to stay above 3700, I think.

On 40m the international bandplans have phone down to 7040 except in Region
3 where it is 7030. The only countries that I know of where you can't use
phone down to 7040 are Mexico (7050) and the USA (now 7125 after the
change).

US hams outside Region 2 have had phone down to 7075 for years, and I am on
record as suggesting that we should have that in the mainland US. It's hard
to see why not when you actually look at what the rest of the world is
doing.

At the same time countries in Region 1 aren't supposed to get access to
7100-7200 until the middle of 2007. Many of them already have, but for
those that haven't, a phone subband that goes down to 7125 still doesn't
even reach the top edge of their whole band. Doubtless some of them will be
late in implementing the extra spectrum, so forced split working will drag
on a while longer. How would you like it if your 40m CW allocation were on
frequencies that were off limits to the DX?

On 20m and 15m we still have 50 kHz less phone on each band than all other
countries. Although General and Advanced got bigger phone subbands on 15
(as well as 80 and 40), the bottom edge of phone didn't move on 15 (or 20).

73 de Alun, N3KIP

(20wpm Extra, 100% phone op)

Phil Wheeler October 15th 06 05:40 PM

Slow Code wrote:
"Iitoi" wrote in
ink.net:

80M and 40M phone band expansion

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-06-149A1.doc

I don't know if we'll get Mad right away but it's clear the FCC and the
ARRL want to drive all good hams out of the service. Little by little
they'll take away the non-phone portions of the bands and hand it over to
the phone users.

Nonsense. The CW bands are not exactly
overcrowded (or have you been listening there).

73, Phil w7ox

KØHB October 15th 06 05:45 PM

CW-forever Guys are gonna go balistic!

"Alun L. Palmer" wrote

73 de Alun, N3KIP

(20wpm Extra, 100% phone op)

Alun,

With all due respect, your signature line kind of reveals your agenda. We
aren't talking about Extra's who don't use CW/rtty/data. The folks we're
talking about here are Generals, the most populous HF license class in the US.
On 75m they have just had their CW/rtty/data spectrum reduced by 2/3rds. That's
outrageous!

73, de Hans, K0HB

KØHB October 15th 06 06:12 PM

CW-forever Guys are gonna go balistic!

wrote

funny I thought they could still CW everywhere in band

That' may be true in theory, but not in practice. You can't use CW on
frequencies which your license class prohibits. Generals just lost 150kHz of
prime CW/rtty/data spectrum from 3.6 to 3.75MHz, the other parts of the band
their license class doesn't allow. So much for "CW everywhere in band".

73, de Hans, K0HB

Cecil Moore October 15th 06 06:31 PM

KØHB wrote:
On 75m they have just had their CW/rtty/data spectrum reduced by 2/3rds.

Hans, has CW been barred from parts of 75m? I haven't
read the R&O.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com