RadioBanter

-   -   Scanner/CB (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/112341-scanner-cb.html)

[email protected] December 25th 06 05:48 PM

Scanner/CB

Hi there, wondering if any police scanner/cb radios exist. I know it's
illegal to transmit on frequencies outside of CB. Looking for a Police
Scanner / CB combo type thing though.

PowerHouse Communications December 25th 06 07:03 PM

Scanner/CB

Scanners with CB frequencies built in (non-transmitting,) but nothing like
you are looking for that I am aware of...

ups.com...

Rob Mills December 25th 06 08:46 PM

Scanner/CB

"PowerHouse Communications" wrote in message

Scanners with CB frequencies built in (non-transmitting,) but nothing

like you are looking for that I am aware of...

Don't know if any other CB's do this or not but I purchased a Motorola
system 500 CB at an estate sale 10 or 15 years ago that will scan all
40 channels and has the controls in the mic. I never could locate a
manual for it and still have not figured out all the features on it. RM~

PS, Still have it and it looks like a new radio as I only used for one
vacation trip.

labtech1 December 25th 06 11:18 PM

Scanner/CB

Lafayette Radio use to make a CB ( 23 channel ) with a tunable VHF Hi or
Low band receiver built in ( you had to pick one or the other )

http://hamradiogallery.com/gallery2/...2_itemId=13286

Have never seen anything made since thats even remotely close.

ups.com...