Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 2nd 07, 02:04 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Scanner Radio Newbie

I'm new in here. Looks like this might be a good group for me to ask
some questions. I used to enjoy scanners back in the day when they
were all analog, and before police, fire and EMS went to trunked,
digital radios. I don't know much about scanning in todays world.

I am interested in learning about pc radio scanning software. I have
heard of software/hardware you can use in conjunction with your desk
top pc that allows you to use the computer to scan radio freq's. I
live in an apartment condo so having a 60 foot antennae is out of the
question. Does anyone know about this software for pc that can advise
me where to look for it, how good is it, etc?

I am interested in monitoring police, fire, EMS, military, little
green men from Alpha Centauri :-) just about anything that would be
interesting. I could really use some guidance from people who are
experienced in radio scanning so I can figure out what I need, how to
use it, and what to expect.

My wife says I need a hobby :-)

Thanks for any information you folks can pass along!

newbie: confised about scanner terms tg Scanner 6 January 23rd 06 05:08 AM
RS PRO-2054 scanner trunked question....newbie Pete C. Scanner 2 January 6th 06 05:00 AM
Scanner software Newbie Brent Scanner 1 October 21st 04 12:38 AM
Scanner Question Newbie Brent Scanner 0 October 15th 04 09:52 PM
Newbie: Radio Shack Scanner Loader software doesn't work on Windows XP Nick Scanner 7 March 13th 04 04:29 AM