RadioBanter

-   -   How to ENABLE Tornado Warnings for my radio??? (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/126564-how-enable-tornado-warnings-my-radio.html)

Crackles McFarly October 30th 07 04:10 PM

How to ENABLE Tornado Warnings for my radio???

The manual doesn't show a way to ENABLE tornado warnings.

It's a 12-259 SAME Weatheradio.

Is it on by default to make sure people are warned?

I've read the manual a dozen times and pressed programming buttons
until my fingers hurt.

PLEASE??? Help me, please???
Begging

Steven Stone October 30th 07 04:36 PM

How to ENABLE Tornado Warnings for my radio???

In article ,
says...
|The manual doesn't show a way to ENABLE tornado warnings.
|
|It's a 12-259 SAME Weatheradio.

Do you receive the weekly test alert messages from the WX transmitter ?
If so then your radio is probably properly configured to receive alerts
of any type, including tornados.

Crackles McFarly October 30th 07 04:41 PM

How to ENABLE Tornado Warnings for my radio???

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 16:36:52 GMT, Steven Stone
sayd the following:

In article ,
says...
|The manual doesn't show a way to ENABLE tornado warnings.
|
|It's a 12-259 SAME Weatheradio.

Do you receive the weekly test alert messages from the WX transmitter ?
If so then your radio is probably properly configured to receive alerts
of any type, including tornados.

No, it's tomorrow for the test I thought?

Also, this radio allows you to enable/disable certain
warnings/watches.
I never saw any warning/watch for tornadose. Is it on by default
perhaps?

I already tried to call radio shack's corporate number and they said
they offer no technical support anymore and told me to call/visit a
local store. I don't want to do that because the lady at radio shack
was confused as to what I wanted.

Any ideas?
I'm begging now..