RadioBanter

-   -   Scanner considerations (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/134688-scanner-considerations.html)

Sorry July 3rd 08 02:23 AM

Scanner considerations

I too wish to know what is available. I am a HAM, but I haven't done any
scanner work in years.

I am getting involved with ACES/RACES through my association with the
American Legion. As my organization has a perminate building and property,
rapid response to potential attacks has become a priority. It is
especially important as I live within 11 miles of the Washington D.C
border.

I guess my question is, the most bang for the buck, with room to
expand/upgrade in the future.

My current selection would be the Uniden BCD996T using the ARC996 software.

Am I close????????