RadioBanter

-   -   Uniden BC-396T mutes on encryption? (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/134769-uniden-bc-396t-mutes-encryption.html)

[email protected] July 6th 08 01:45 AM

Uniden BC-396T mutes on encryption?

I am planning to buy an BC-396T, Help on this question!

http://www.usenet.com

Usenet User July 6th 08 01:18 PM

Uniden BC-396T mutes on encryption?

I would avoid the 396 and go with the GRE PSR-500. Far superior at
handling interference and adjacent channel rejection. I had Uniden and
then went with GRE 500 and 600. There is no comparison. I was missing so
much with the Uniden.

But if you are going to get one anyway, the Uniden lets a burst of the
encrypted transmission come through before muting it. The GREs will not
mute the encrypted at all.