RadioBanter

-   -   monitoring coast guard communications (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/140809-monitoring-coast-guard-communications.html)

wf3h February 9th 09 08:24 PM

monitoring coast guard communications

If you're a scanner enthusiast near a body of water, do you monitor
USCG communications?

If so, what's interesting regarding these?

What's the technical quality of the communications? Any suggestions to
make them more understandable to the boating public?

Do you monitor all USCG freqs?

oldradioguy oxnard ca February 10th 09 03:34 AM

monitoring coast guard communications

yes i monitor maritime comms.
i live in so. cal near two harbors and listen to sportfishing and whale
watching boats.
once in a while i do hear cruise ships about 10 to 12 miles off shore.
USCG is on my list too.
we have a coast guard station in channel island harbor just 5 miles as
the crow flies.
what is your location?