RadioBanter

-   -   CB radios, ham radios, and frs.gmrs radios outlawed (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/147921-cb-radios-ham-radios-frs-gmrs-radios-outlawed.html)

radioguy November 18th 09 04:50 PM

CB radios, ham radios, and frs.gmrs radios outlawed

It is also fine to use microphones with a locking PTT, you
are allowed to lock a microphone while driving as long as
it is fixed down properly.]

Not in the U.S. you aren't. It is a violation of FCC rules to do so.

*http://www.citizensband.radiouk.com

Bandwidth[_2_] December 7th 09 05:30 AM

radioguy wrote:

It is also fine to use microphones with a locking PTT, you
are allowed to lock a microphone while driving as long as
it is fixed down properly.]

Not in the U.S. you aren't. It is a violation of FCC rules to
do so.

So, don't use one in the U.S. of A. I thought that your moan
was about Canada outlawing hand microphones. Is it a violation
of FCC rules to have a spare microphone sat in the vehicle for
when you are in other countries? What about the hands-free
option? Do the FCC outlaw all safety related CB equipment?

Here in Europe, different countries have different standards.
We do have a common standard, 40 channel FM, but each country
may also have additional channels and rules. I can buy a CB
which can do any of the European channels and modes. It is
up to me to ensure that I only use it as allowed in whatever
country I am in. For example, I can only use the UK band
(27.60125 - 27.99125MHz) within the UK. If a European country
says "hands-free only, then that is how I would have to use it
there - even if the required hands-free equipment was illegal
for CB use here in England.

Peter.
http://www.bandwidth.radiouk.com/
http://www.citizensband.radiouk.com/