RadioBanter

-   -   Trunking scanner antenna (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/154573-trunking-scanner-antenna.html)

homepc[_2_] October 3rd 10 11:43 PM

Trunking scanner antenna

Can anyone recommend a good long range BNC handheld scanner antenna for 800
MHz trunking signals?

Alex Clayton[_3_] October 4th 10 05:03 PM

Trunking scanner antenna

"homepc" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a good long range BNC handheld scanner antenna for
800 MHz trunking signals?

The city here went to 800 about 8 years ago and I tried several. The Radio
Shack 800 one seems to work better than anything else I have tried, at least
here. I can seem to pick up things well until the Police get so far away the
radio in their car is having trouble getting through.
Moderation is for monks."

[Lazarus Long]

Kev October 6th 10 03:50 AM

de: Trunking scanner antenna

homepc wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good long range BNC handheld scanner antenna for 800
MHz trunking signals?

any high gain 800/900MHz antenna for a handheld two way radio will work fine

Kev

homepc[_2_] October 8th 10 06:41 PM

Trunking scanner antenna

"Kev" wrote in message
u...
homepc wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good long range BNC handheld scanner antenna for
800
MHz trunking signals?

any high gain 800/900MHz antenna for a handheld two way radio will work
fine

Kev

I was looking at a Laird/Centurion EXE-806-BNX

Any comments?