RadioBanter

-   -   Is new RS PRO-93 no better than my old Regency HX1500 ?? (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/211287-re-new-rs-pro-93-no-better-than-my-old-regency-hx1500.html)

[email protected] January 4th 15 05:45 AM

Is new RS PRO-93 no better than my old Regency HX1500 ??

Several of the HX series scanners from Regency were legendary amongst scanner aficionados. Personally the 1500 was my fave but others will wax on about the 1000 & the 1200. My rig was the 1500, 5/8 wave NMO w/Larsen coil(yes, hole in the roof!!!), a 200 watt audio power booster w/graphic equalizer, and the nearly magical Lunar Industries PAD-161 antenna preamp(20 db antenna gain w/10% noise factor, this device also totally eliminated the pesky intermod mentioned correctly by Neutrodyne above). It pretty much blew away anything else put next to it, sometimes gathering groups of people around my vehicle muttering things like "What's in there???"

But, time marches on, and if purely receive performance is your highest priority, you may want to consider an amateur transceiver.