RadioBanter

-   -   Scancat Gold Software (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/33873-re-scancat-gold-software.html)

BDK July 5th 03 11:24 PM

Scancat Gold Software

In article om,
says...
I just purchased Scancat Gold SE but am having problems using it with
both my BC250D and BC785D's.

I can get Scancat Gold to read all the banks and program banks just fine.

Problem #1: When going to the "Basic Scanning" window I'll setup a
range of freqs for it to scan. Example I'll set the range from
120.0000 to 121.0000, AM, 25KHz spacing. I live 2 miles from Daytona
International Airport who's tower freq is 120.7000, today with the
NASCAR race the tower freq is non-stop! But according to Scancat
there's NOTHING! The scanner will not stop on 120.7000 during the search.

If I enter 120.7000 manually into the "Basic Scanning" window it will
tune the scanner to 120.7000, I can hear the tower. However according
to Scancat the signal strength is zero while the scanners signal meter
is fully deflected.

Any suggestions? The only reason I bought this software was for its
claim of begining the best for freq searching and "Surveillance
Enhanced" feature. So far the only thing I can get to work is its bank
reading and programming feature which I already have software that does
that and it did cost no $159.00!

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

Only one word describes Scancat....Yuck. I had the old DOS version, and
it was ok, but both Windows versions I had were total disasters.

BDK

Burr July 6th 03 01:47 AM

Keep working with it George, Scancat is hard to learn. I had a hell of a
time learning the 2.10 but I like it now.

Burr
Grundig's Sat800&650,YB400&FR200
Drake SW8 Scanners BC 895&245XLT
Sangean DT110(for Ball Games)
Also Have a Clock Radio!!!
N35.3582
W117.4157
South Left Coast, U.S.A.

BDK July 6th 03 03:17 AM

In article ,
says...
Keep working with it George, Scancat is hard to learn. I had a hell of a
time learning the 2.10 but I like it now.

Burr
Grundig's Sat800&650,YB400&FR200
Drake SW8 Scanners BC 895&245XLT
Sangean DT110(for Ball Games)
Also Have a Clock Radio!!!
N35.3582
W117.4157
South Left Coast, U.S.A.

There are so many better ones out there, for less $$$$.

BDK

Burr July 6th 03 04:20 AM

Would you please send me their Names and URLs ?

Burr

BDK July 6th 03 05:42 PM

In article ,
says...

BDK wrote:

There are so many better ones out there, for less $$$$.

BDK

Let's see, scanstar was one. I will try to remember the other ones
later, I'm so tired right now, I can't even think. I bought 3 different
ones, and all were miles ahead of Scancat at about 50 bucks each.

BDK

GeorgeF July 6th 03 06:50 PM

John wrote:
Big mistake, for these scanners you need butels ARc250 from scannermaster.

I have looked at the Butel before buying Scancat. It appeared the
Scancat had a
better 'search' and 'Survelience' modes with its audio recording. This
is the
ONLY real function I wanted Scancat for as I do not use software to do
normal scanning
or programming as I have written my own software for programming (which
does a much
better job than ScanCat)....

So far I'm not too happy.

Just for the hell of it last night I tried to program in a trunk system
using
ScanCat. When programming the BC250D it screwed up EVERY talkgroup!
They were
correct in teh ScanCat software but when writing them to the scanner
it wrote everyone as 00-013!

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

John July 7th 03 12:21 AM

news:3F074A60.5020608@licensed4funREMOVEBEFOREFLIG HT.com...

SB July 7th 03 01:09 AM

Where can you get this ARC250PRO? Dose this
software work on the BC245 & BC780?

Scancat is hard to learn and not easy to work with.

I do like the Scanstar TrunkStar 780. You buy the
Scanstar software and get free updates and they
are always improving their softare.

Steve

"John" wrote in message

ARC250PRO has audiorecording/logging and gives you 200 extended search
ranges, it logs in a history file so you can leave it running all day.
Scancat it total crap.

"GeorgeF" wrote in message
news:3F086168.9020405@licensed4funREMOVEBEFOREFLIG HT.com...

[email protected] July 7th 03 01:49 AM

You can find it at www.butel.nl. Support is EXCELLENT! I personally
haven't used ARC250, but their other versions are great.

The 780 would use ARC780. Don't believe they have anything for the
245, but you should ask them.