RadioBanter

-   -   Reception question (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/35008-reception-question.html)

David Casey January 24th 04 07:24 AM

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:07:33 -0500, john wilson wrote in
alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.scanner:

Sounds like a b i r d i e. You are s o l. Check the manual for known
birdies.

Wow, I posted that a long time ago but thanks for the heads up! I had the
exact same thing on another scanner which never had that problem before
(it's in my original post) so I don't think it was a b i r d i e and I'm
never s o l. ;-)

Dave
US Army Signal Corps!!
http://www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

David Casey January 24th 04 07:26 AM

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:02:46 GMT, Pete KE9OA wrote in rec.radio.scanner:

We get a lot of cable TV leakage in the Chicago area. Could be your problem,
especially since you are hearing it on both scanners.

It's gone now. Whatever it was isn't transmitting any longer. :-)