RadioBanter

-   -   Realistic Pro-2036 4A4 Question cell (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/35110-realistic-pro-2036-4a4-question-cell.html)

john wicks January 11th 04 10:12 PM

Realistic Pro-2036 4A4 Question cell

Question from a beginner: I have just purchased a Realistic Pro-2036
Scanner at auction, which I haven't received yet. It has a date code of
4A4 (April 1994) so I would like to know if it is cell-blocked.

thanks,

John

Skweezieweezie January 12th 04 02:05 AM

Not directly. There is a Virtual Downconversion mod,
though. Nothing but digital on the cell bands today, and
besides, it's illegal in the US.

blacky January 20th 04 04:15 PM

What do you mean by a virtual downconversion mod??
Can this be used to open up frequency ranges other than cell phones
that the 2036 can not normally receive?