RadioBanter

-   -   Selfridge ANG base stopped using VHF? (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/35149-selfridge-ang-base-stopped-using-vhf.html)

Bill Crocker January 18th 04 03:31 PM

Selfridge ANG base stopped using VHF?

Has Selfridge ANG base stopped using VHF? Scanning the known VHF/UHF
frequencies for Selfridge, here in Michigan, I have found the VHF spectrum
to be almost dead. Some of the frequencies that fall in the
civilian/commercial aircraft bands are still active, but it seems most of
what I hear is taking place in the UHF frequencies.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Bill Crocker
Macomb, MI.

GT Grand Prix 00 January 18th 04 04:01 PM

keep in mind that you are also talking about an ANG base...they don't work
often, and their planes are most likely deployed anyway

The Orchardist January 19th 04 06:30 AM

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:31:57 -0500, "Bill Crocker"
wrote:

Has Selfridge ANG base stopped using VHF?

Most of the VHF Air Force stuff has gone bye bye.

Look for 400 or 800 mhz trunking to be the replacement.

Steve Silverwood January 30th 04 08:31 AM

In article ,
says...
wrote:

Has Selfridge ANG base stopped using VHF?

Most of the VHF Air Force stuff has gone bye bye.

Look for 400 or 800 mhz trunking to be the replacement.

Not only that, but it's going encrypted, too. And not that APCO stuff,
I mean serious encryption. What we referred to when I was in the USAF
as "non-tactical" communications -- security, law enforcement, aircraft
maintenance, civil engineering, etc. -- were moving toward use of
encryption even before trunking came on the scene.

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS
Fountain Valley, CA