RadioBanter

-   -   Scanning laws around the world? (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/35211-scanning-laws-around-world.html)

victoria patel January 28th 04 09:14 PM

Scanning laws around the world?

Anyone know a website which lists scanning laws by country?

news.vif.com January 29th 04 02:13 AM

http://strongsignals.net/access/content/laws.html

--
John Medica
System & Network administrator

NAMA, Listening-Post, Ontario Unlisted Frequency Guide
Webmaster: http://www.oufg.webhop.net
Webmaster: http://www.listening-post.net

Pete January 29th 04 04:49 PM

In article ,
says...

wrote in message ...

http://strongsignals.net/access/content/laws.html

--
John Medica
System & Network administrator
Listening-Post
Toronto Ontario, Canada

NAMA, Listening-Post, Ontario Unlisted Frequency Guide
Webmaster: http://www.oufg.webhop.net
Webmaster: http://www.listening-post.net

US has quite a list of rules

victoria patel January 30th 04 03:34 AM

Unfortunately the pages from strongsignals.net John mentions are not
only out of date, but woefully short on data from most African, Asian
and Latin American nations. Is there anything out there more current
or complete? Thanks, Victoria.

(Pete) wrote in message nk.net...
In article ,
says...

Troy R. January 30th 04 06:48 AM

What country are you after?

"victoria patel" wrote in message
om...
Unfortunately the pages from strongsignals.net John mentions are not
only out of date, but woefully short on data from most African, Asian
and Latin American nations. Is there anything out there more current
or complete? Thanks, Victoria.

(Pete) wrote in message

nk.net...
In article ,
says...

victoria patel January 30th 04 05:01 PM

Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Syria, Turkey, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam,
Laos, Cambodia, Saudi-Arabia, India, Pakistan, Bulgaria, Romania,
Croatia, Japan, China, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador,
Paraguay, South Africa, Mozambique, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Nigeria,
Ghana and Benin. I'm planning a trip around the world...For which of
these do you have information?

"Troy R." wrote in message u...
What country are you after?

"victoria patel" wrote in message
om...
Unfortunately the pages from strongsignals.net John mentions are not
only out of date, but woefully short on data from most African, Asian
and Latin American nations. Is there anything out there more current
or complete? Thanks, Victoria.

(Pete) wrote in message

nk.net...
In article ,
says...

Troy R. January 30th 04 11:18 PM

I can tell you all receivers, transmitters and transceivers are illegal in
Singapore. You can buy scanners there but you must be a foreign national.

Its just totally illegal in China.

"Troy R." wrote in message

u...
What country are you after?

"victoria patel" wrote in message
om...
Unfortunately the pages from strongsignals.net John mentions are not
only out of date, but woefully short on data from most African, Asian
and Latin American nations. Is there anything out there more current
or complete? Thanks, Victoria.

(Pete) wrote in message

nk.net...
In article ,
says...

Frank January 31st 04 12:28 AM

victoria patel . ..

^ Egypt,
^ Israel,
^ Jordan,
^ Syria,
^ Turkey,
^ Indonesia,
^ Singapore,
^ Vietnam,
^ Laos,
^ Cambodia,
^ Saudi-Arabia,
^ India,
^ Pakistan,
^ Bulgaria,
^ Romania,
^ Croatia,
^ Japan,
^ China,
^ Argentina,
^ Bolivia,
^ Brazil,
^ Chile,
^ Ecuador,
^ Paraguay,
^ South Africa,
^ Mozambique,
^ Kenya,
^ Uganda,
^ Tanzania,
^ Nigeria,
^ Ghana
^ Benin.

^ I'm planning a trip around the world...

Can I go with you?

Frank