RadioBanter

-   -   Speaker Amplifier Question (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/35256-speaker-amplifier-question.html)

RNAV1 February 4th 04 02:58 AM

Speaker Amplifier Question

I am looking to mount several speakers in a console with individual volume
controls, any ideas about what to use as an amplifier for them? I'll be using
about 5 speakers for 5 individual scanners and two-way radios, and want to have
them all of the controls close together.

Also, I recall seeing consoles that have an LED that flashes while a particular
speaker is active, any ideas on how to hook those up?

Thanks in advance.

Bob Parnass February 4th 04 03:27 AM

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 02:58:07 +0000, RNAV1 wrote:

I am looking to mount several speakers in a console with individual volume
controls, any ideas about what to use as an amplifier for them? I'll be using
about 5 speakers for 5 individual scanners and two-way radios, and want to have
them all of the controls close together.

Also, I recall seeing consoles that have an LED that flashes while a particular
speaker is active, any ideas on how to hook those up?

Thanks in advance.

Though this doesn't address your question directly, you
might be interested in the NCS-3230 Multi-Rx receiver console:

http://www.ncsradio.com/m_rx.html

It is a somewhat pricey commercial mixer/controller which supports
up to 6 receivers or other audio sources and crossconnects them to 2
speakers. There is an activity LED for each source and a myriad of other
features.

I reviewed an NCS-3230 in January 2004 Monitoring Times though I
don't own one.
Bob Parnass, AJ9S GNU/Linux User http://parnass.com