RadioBanter

-   -   Help? Pro-2004 problem (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/35573-help-pro-2004-problem.html)

Russell Smith April 4th 04 05:05 PM

Help? Pro-2004 problem

Hello,
Just wondering if anyone can help me?
I have a Pro-2004 that powers up, no sound comes from the speaker and
the green EL display lights up but no numbers show up on the display?
Is this a problem with the solder joint that I read about years ago on
the NG.?
If so can anyone give me a rough idea where to look on the board for
problems?
Thanks for any help you may have to offer
remove "spam" or e-mail me at
-Russ

larryscan April 5th 04 12:47 AM

Russell Smith wrote in message ...
Sound a little more serious than a solder joint. Contact Gerry at G&G
comms Leroy, NY www.iinc.com/ggcomms If you need a board he may have a
replacement.

X-Eliminator April 5th 04 03:07 AM

I have the same problem, but sometimes it works intermittently. I have
never found a solution. I just keep the 2004 hoping that someone will
come-up with a solution.

X-Eliminator April 5th 04 03:48 AM

Date code on mine says "9A7"
(And I do own the PRO-2004 factory service manual)

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 22:20:54 -0400, Lou wrote:

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 21:07:14 -0500, X-Eliminator
wrote:

I have the same problem, but sometimes it works intermittently. I have
never found a solution. I just keep the 2004 hoping that someone will
come-up with a solution.

I had this problem on an "early" 2004. Does your 2004 how an "A6" date
code or an "A7" date code? I was told this problem was do to a
soldering problem on early units.