RadioBanter

-   -   is the radio shack pro82 scanner good? (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/36017-radio-shack-pro82-scanner-good.html)

jojo June 28th 04 10:31 PM

is the radio shack pro82 scanner good?

Any comments good/bad on the radio shack pro82 "beginner" scanner?

I'm looking for marine/aviation freq scanning, would like UHF in the 300MHZ
to 380MHZ range, anyone know of a scanner that can pick them up?

Jo

Mike M. July 5th 04 08:01 AM

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:31:40 GMT, "jojo" wrotF:

Any comments good/bad on the radio shack pro82 "beginner" scanner?

I'm looking for marine/aviation freq scanning, would like UHF in the 300MHZ
to 380MHZ range, anyone know of a scanner that can pick them up?

Jo

If you like aviation monitoring, you also want a scanner that will do
AM in the 138 - 144 MHz range. There is a lot of military aviation
activity in that range. Your UHF coverage should start down around
225 MHz and be capable of AM mode there too. I have a PRO-26 handheld
and a PRO-2045 desk top that cover milair. Both have been
discontinued for about 5 years now.

See the Strong Signals site for info to help you find what you need to
do what you want,
http://www.strongsignals.net/access/.../pickrecv.html
http://www.strongsignals.net/access/.../features.html