RadioBanter

-   -   PRO-95 free programing from RS? (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/36085-pro-95-free-programing-rs.html)

Jmcc July 16th 04 12:24 AM

PRO-95 free programing from RS?

I saw a Radio Shack flyer saying the PR-95 was $199.95 and they would
"instantly" program in my local channels.
One place said their computer was down, another said they did not have the
software, another place said only if I purchase the cable and the book with
the CD containing frequencies, the other place said I would purchase it and
leave it with them for a week and they would do it in a week.
Unfortunately, I did not call ahead and expected it would be done. I sent an
e-mail to customer service at RS.
Could anyone give me a recommendation on this offer or about another
scanner?

A.Pismo Clam July 16th 04 12:38 AM

You don't need to purchase anything but the cable. Go to the following
websites:

Pro-95 freewa http://www.starrsoft.com/

--
MZ

Chris Rose July 16th 04 02:52 AM

Ran into same problem with local RS where I live. One person working with 6
customers all wanting to have something done or buy something. No joy here
either.

-------------------------------------

Paul Hirose July 16th 04 09:34 PM

Jmcc wrote:

I saw a Radio Shack flyer saying the PR-95 was $199.95 and they would
"instantly" program in my local channels.
One place said their computer was down, another said they did not have the
software, another place said only if I purchase the cable and the book with

Is it really that important to get the scanner pre-loaded with local
frequencies? Less than 2 months ago I bought a PRO-95 and didn't even
bother to ask if they could load it. Though I never owned a scanner
before, it was easy to find frequencies with the Internet and
the scanner's search function. In fact, the amount of traffic would be
unbearable if I didn't keep some channels locked out.

--

Paul Hirose
To reply by email delete INVALID from address.

Slatner T. Eliot July 17th 04 01:48 AM

"Chris Rose" wrote in message
. ..
: Ran into same problem with local RS where I live. One person working with
6
: customers all wanting to have something done or buy something. No joy
here
: either.
:
:

You got questions,they have blank stares....

-
: -------------------------------------
: ...

TlgtrProd July 17th 04 02:22 PM

Look for win95,,,it's out on the web...I use it to program my pro95 and very
happy with it.....

Kevin (aka tlgtr)
****
Zip slowly, medical statistics show that over 100,000 people are injured
annually by their clothing.

Brian T July 17th 04 09:55 PM

at my RS store i fell some of the people that work there don't know alot
about scanners and more

Dwayne July 20th 04 04:28 AM

In article ,
says...
On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 13:55:45 -0700,
(Brian T) wrote:

at my RS store i fell some of the people that work there don't know alot
about scanners and more

eye kouldent ugree with yoo moar.

mee two

Carl Frisk July 22nd 04 10:24 AM

I bought a PRO-95 and since they didn't have the cable in stock decided to read the manual. I'm glad I did. It is easy
to program and I now have a greater understanding on how to operate it. I found more than enough local freq's on the
net. I was listening to our local police (trunked) within an hour. I've been very happy with the scanner.

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

TlgtrProd July 22nd 04 02:43 PM