RadioBanter

-   -   Basic trunking scanner advice (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/36360-basic-trunking-scanner-advice.html)

Ken Bessler September 26th 04 03:11 PM

Basic trunking scanner advice

I used to own a BC780XLT and before that a BC895XLT.

I moved to an area with mostly digital comms but now I've
moved back to Wichita, KS.

I'm looking into getting into scanning again and need advice
on which scanner to buy. Here are my needs

Able to scan a type II system.
Can load into memory about 20 talkgroups, a-la the 895.
Alpha tags are not needed.
Conventional scanning not needed.
High gain reciever not needed.
A handheld would be best.

I'm thinking BC235 off of ebay.

Anyone care to suggest a radio?

Ken

Bruce Markowitz September 26th 04 07:38 PM

Pick up a PRO-93 or PRO-95 off ebay
They work great, have ALPHA, and are fairly inexpensive
I have a 250D for sale for $200