RadioBanter

-   -   BC80XLT -- 50 channel wonder. (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/36509-bc80xlt-50-channel-wonder.html)

Al Klein October 28th 04 02:10 AM

On 27 Oct 2004 06:33:11 -0700, (Vic Canova) said
in alt.radio.scanner:

It's a 10.3625 MHz image. (Which probably means that
the scanner needs a bit of alignment.)

Makes sense Al, and I'm sure that's the case here, but
why would I want to align anything when I'm receiving
the full cellular range on a BLOCKED Uniden scanner
made in 1995?

Because you'd still receive the image (that only depends on the design
of the front end) but the sensitivity would probably go up. (Unless
your scanner has a first IF of 10.3625 MHz?)

However, I'd really like to know what
formula was used to come up with that "image" number.

The image is twice the IF above or below the transmitter frequency.
Since you gave both the image and transmitter frequencies, I took the
difference and divided by 2.