RadioBanter

-   -   Uniden scanners & Canada (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/36560-uniden-scanners-canada.html)

Michael Moore November 5th 04 10:40 PM

Uniden scanners & Canada

I just found out that Uniden in the US now refuses to sell scanner parts
to anyone outside the US. However, parts are not available from anyone
in Canada. It would be wise for Canadians to stop buying Uniden
scanners until Uniden resolves this.

--
M2

Michael Moore November 19th 04 04:44 AM

Midnight Rider wrote:
wow when did they start this ? and i needed a resistor for my bc245xlt , bummer
.

Apparently it's recent. I called the 1-800 number about 10 days ago and
after placing my order and then giving my Canadian address, I was told
that they cannot ship to Canada. Tried calling 1-800 again, and same
thing but this time the rep said that I should try again after a couple
of weeks -- she believes that Uniden may have a solution for Canadians.
I also tried email, and they gave me the name of a Canadian
"distributor" (AVS) but after checking this "distributer" only carries
Uniden cordless phones, not scanners. So I'll try the 1-800 number
again soon.

--
M2