Old December 7th 04, 05:26 AM
Greg

Default Best price on BC-246T?

I've seen $214.95 with ups ground shipping on usascan.com ...has
anyone else found a better price?
Old December 7th 04, 06:04 AM
DeWayne

"Greg" wrote in message
I've seen $214.95 with ups ground shipping on usascan.com ...has
anyone else found a better price?

That's where I'm gonna buy!

DeWayne K9KZ

Old December 7th 04, 04:11 PM
Greg

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 06:04:57 GMT, "DeWayne" wrote:

"Greg" wrote in message
.. .
I've seen $214.95 with ups ground shipping on usascan.com ...has
anyone else found a better price?

That's where I'm gonna buy!

DeWayne K9KZ

Waaaahhhh! They are on backorder!
Old December 7th 04, 04:25 PM
Greg

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:11:31 GMT, Greg
wrote:

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 06:04:57 GMT, "DeWayne" wrote:

"Greg" wrote in message
. ..
I've seen $214.95 with ups ground shipping on usascan.com ...has
anyone else found a better price?

That's where I'm gonna buy!

DeWayne K9KZ

Waaaahhhh! They are on backorder!

National Electronics did have them in stock. $209.90 without Shipping.
UPS ground to my location in Illinois was $10, so I only ended up
paying five more than I would have with usascan. Not bad.

Now I'm gonna be sitting here all anxious 'til this darn thing gets
here!
Old December 7th 04, 07:28 PM
DeWayne

"Greg" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:11:31 GMT, Greg

Waaaahhhh! They are on backorder!

National Electronics did have them in stock. $209.90 without Shipping.
UPS ground to my location in Illinois was $10, so I only ended up
paying five more than I would have with usascan. Not bad.

Now I'm gonna be sitting here all anxious 'til this darn thing gets
here!

Let us know how you like it Greg.

DeWayne

Old December 8th 04, 03:21 AM
Greg

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 19:28:33 GMT, "DeWayne" wrote:

"Greg" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:11:31 GMT, Greg

Waaaahhhh! They are on backorder!

National Electronics did have them in stock. $209.90 without Shipping.
UPS ground to my location in Illinois was $10, so I only ended up
paying five more than I would have with usascan. Not bad.

Now I'm gonna be sitting here all anxious 'til this darn thing gets
here!

Let us know how you like it Greg.

DeWayne

I'll certainly let everyone know.

To keep myself busy until it arrives, I've downloaded the programming
software from Uniden, and started putzing around organizing my
channels. Hopefully I won't go bonkers before it gets here! :-)
Old December 10th 04, 12:41 AM
Greg

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 19:28:33 GMT, "DeWayne" wrote:

"Greg" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:11:31 GMT, Greg

Waaaahhhh! They are on backorder!

National Electronics did have them in stock. $209.90 without Shipping.
UPS ground to my location in Illinois was $10, so I only ended up
paying five more than I would have with usascan. Not bad.

Now I'm gonna be sitting here all anxious 'til this darn thing gets
here!

Let us know how you like it Greg.

DeWayne

Well, it arrived this afternoon.

Taking it out of the box, I thought it felt kind of fragile. The
plastic just has kind of a cheap feel to it. I guess I'd better be
careful not to drop it.

It's not taking me too long to get used to turning on and off systems
and groups. I thought that would give me more trouble than it actually
is.

I was a little perplexed at first about the lock out on different
groups and systems.

In the software there's an option for "Lock out". This is different
from having the group (or system) turned on or off in the scanner.

For instance, I'd programmed several systems with several groups. I'd
clicked lock-out on some of them that I don't listen to often, and
assigned them a quick-key.

When I programmed everything in, I turned a couple of those systems on
and didn't hear anything. Huh? I thought.

THen I noticed the little l/o symbol on the screen. I had to go into
the menu system and unlock some things. That didn't make a whole lot
of sense to me until I realized that some of the systems i have
programmed in won't have a quick key to turn them on and off, so for
those without, the l/o feature is needed.

Speaking of locking out, I did notice one thing. It appears that to
unlock a particular channel when you are going through them one at a
time with the knob on the top, you can' tjust push the l/o button. You
need to go through the menu system. That's a bit irritating -- badly
planned. All I can figure is they were trying to keep the menu system
consistent.

As for the new dynamic memory, it rocks!

I've got way more in here already than I had in my bc780xlt, and my
memory usage is at a whopping 12%!!!

I just got done doing an "Air Band" system. I put in the local airport
for group one, then decided to see what i can hear from O'Hare. Did
three groups for that -- Tower, Inbound, and Outbound. Then I went
ahead and tossed in another group with some of the hand-off artcc
frequencies. Really, really neat.

Anyway, more to come!
Old December 7th 04, 05:44 PM
Alex Clayton

"Greg" wrote in message
I've seen $214.95 with ups ground shipping on usascan.com ...has
anyone else found a better price?

When I started checking around the price was pretty much the same at
everyone who had one. There was no more than $10 difference. Since they
apparently just hit the market and it's close to Christmas I am just going
to wait till January. I am going to buy myself one, but it will be easier to
get one after the "rush" is over. Not to mention by then hopefully a lot of
people will have had one for a while and will be able to give some good
pointers G
--
Money isn't everything but it sure keeps the kids in touch.

Old December 7th 04, 06:38 PM
Dwayne

In article , curly@---
remove---this---insightbb.com says...

http://www.bearcatscanner.com/ Has it for 199.96 + 8.00 shipping.
Old December 18th 04, 11:57 PM
BILLY

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 18:38:28 GMT, Dwayne wrote:

In article , curly@---
remove---this---insightbb.com says...
I've seen $214.95 with ups ground shipping on usascan.com ...has
anyone else found a better price?

http://www.bearcatscanner.com/ Has it for 199.96 + 8.00 shipping.

I got mine yesterday for that price. total with ups gndtrak shipping
was 208. never tracked trunks b4. I think I should have got the
software also, but I bet it would be better if I waited for a month or
so, so that versions are at least 1.0 and not in beta test.

Billy, N5WE
Mississippi