RadioBanter

-   -   milcomm scanner (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/36854-milcomm-scanner.html)

Nick December 30th 04 07:56 AM

milcomm scanner

What would be a good milcomm scanner for a beginner?To be frank, I am a
grad student and don't earn much!
-Nick

[email protected] January 2nd 05 06:21 PM

Look for a Pro-43 or a Pro-60 on the used market,
A Uniden 3000 is another choice for a handheld

For a base scanner I love the Pro-2045, the Pro-2004, 2005 or 2006 are
also good choices.

Just a few to consider
Ed

Nick January 3rd 05 06:00 AM

Thanks for you reply!...I almost finalized a Yaesu VR-500 before I
realized that the local PDs and FDs ( am based in DFW) should be of
interest too. So now I am on the hunt for a scanner that has both
milair and trunking capalbilities! The only scanner that looks withing
range is the Uniden BC 250D. Any suggestionns/recommendations?
-Nick

Dan Morisseau January 3rd 05 03:37 PM

Nick wrote:
Thanks for you reply!...I almost finalized a Yaesu VR-500 before I
realized that the local PDs and FDs ( am based in DFW) should be of
interest too. So now I am on the hunt for a scanner that has both
milair and trunking capalbilities! The only scanner that looks withing
range is the Uniden BC 250D. Any suggestionns/recommendations?
-Nick

Radio Shack PRO-96. Using Don Starr's superb Win '96 program you can
unlock the mil air coverage of the scanner.

Dan

--
Milepost 11.7 - UPRR Jeff City Sub - N 38°34'53", W 90°22'32", 680'
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to