RadioBanter

-   -   What is your most popular band you listen to on your scanner (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/36911-what-your-most-popular-band-you-listen-your-scanner.html)

[email protected] January 10th 05 02:52 PM

What is your most popular band you listen to on your scanner

I am just curious. Thinking of building some antennas for specific
bands and was wondering wahat was most popular.

Dan Morisseau January 10th 05 03:32 PM

wrote:
I am just curious. Thinking of building some antennas for specific
bands and was wondering wahat was most popular.

1) Railroad

2) VHF-Hi Public Safety

3) Airline En route (128 - 132)

--
Milepost 11.7 - UPRR Jeff City Sub - N 38°34'53", W 90°22'32", 680'
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to

Paul Keenleyside January 10th 05 04:15 PM

wrote in message
ps.com...
I am just curious. Thinking of building some antennas for specific
bands and was wondering wahat was most popular.

1) Fire Service and RCMP (Police)
2) Railway
3) Ferries (Marine)
4) Aviation (Airport).
5) Skytrain (transit)

[email protected] January 10th 05 04:51 PM

How far away from the airport are you? What frequcny at the airport do
you listen?

Mark Holmes January 10th 05 06:32 PM

1. Aircraft, 118-136 MHz
2. Aircraft, 225-400 MHz

Mark Holmes
Marion, IL

Paul Keenleyside January 11th 05 03:26 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...
How far away from the airport are you? What frequcny at the airport do
you listen?

About 5 miles east. Air traffic control mostly. With some ground control.

118.70
119.50
128.60

Nick January 11th 05 02:25 PM

1. Aircraft, 118-136 MHz
2. Aircraft, 225-400 MHz

-Nick

Tom H January 11th 05 02:39 PM

submarine control frequencies, 200 - 300 Hz

ps.com...

[email protected] January 11th 05 09:11 PM

1. Aircraft, 118-136 MHz
2. Aircraft, 225-400 MHz
3. Police

Jim Douglas January 11th 05 11:34 PM

The Porn band, it's between the RR and the garbage service. BG!

ps.com...