Old January 13th 05, 03:27 AM
Nick

Default How do you get the external antenna feed in?

This has always intrigued me. I live in a typical southern house built
in the 70s. No frills architecture, one-storied,mostly wooden, a small
backyard and no basement. If I were to set up an external antenna, how
do I get the Coax feed inside. I don't own this house, so I don't wanna
drill holes in the door/window frames or on the walls. Any hope for me
? In the worst case , I'd have to get the feed through the fire-place
chimney thats no longer used.
-Nick

Old January 13th 05, 04:42 AM
HotShot

you can use that bluetooth technology. don't they have wireless
communicator's yet for communication between antenna and radio?

Old January 13th 05, 05:23 AM
Nick

Not that I am aware of.

Old January 13th 05, 05:35 AM
Blank

I've heard of people running the coax through the same route that the power
or telephone lines take into the house.
For bluetooth to work you would have to have a considerable amount of
processing already done on the signal --- if you had the entire radio
outside, you could use bluetooth to send the audio output from the radio
into the house, but how would you control the radio's tuning etc? I think
you're stuck with finding a way to get coax into the building.

oups.com...

Old January 13th 05, 02:38 PM
Jim

One good method is to cut a piece of wood that fits your window opening then
drill your holes in that. A nice 1*4 or 1*6 works well. Other folks use
antennas mounted in the attic, drop the line down into a wall cavity and
fish it out at a wall plug or phone jack... Just a couple ideas.

oups.com...

Old February 4th 05, 04:40 AM
LawsuitJoe

Run the coax into an attic vent, then feed it from the attic down between the
walls. Or in the alternative, poke a small hole in the closet ceiling where it
won't be noticed and feed it from the attic into the closet.
Old February 4th 05, 01:42 PM
Jim

The least destructive method I've seen is to cut a piece of 1x4 to fit your
window then drill that instead of your house.