RadioBanter

-   -   is this data or just interference? (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/66034-re-data-just-interference.html)

Lord Floyd March 5th 05 01:07 PM

is this data or just interference?

"tom" sputtered incoherently in news:CqeWd.575386
$Xk.509701@pd7tw3no:

the sound?

Posting a binary to a text group, what an idiot. On top of that your
ISP news server admins should be bitched slapped for not knowing how
to configure their servers.

--
You are a fluke of the Universe
You have no right to be here

"Five-eleven's your height, one-ninety your weight
You cash in your chips around page ninety-eight."

DougSlug March 5th 05 07:58 PM

It sounds like data to me, but I couldn't tell you what format. I also
noticed either a CTCSS tone or a bad 60 Hz hum problem in your audio setup.

- Doug

"tom" wrote in message
> [...]
I found this transmission continuous on 152.510 mhz and I was wondering is
it any kind of digital transmission or is it just interference --- can
anyone identify it from the sound?
I have an inferior receiver (Yaesu VX5R) connected straight through to
onboard sound of a 2.4 ghz celeron.

tom March 5th 05 08:58 PM

probably AC 60hz hum, this yaesu vx5r wideband receiver is bunk. oh well,
what do you expect when you pack everything from a barometer/thermometer to
a frequency analyzer/voltmeter/scanner/corkscrew into something the size of
a pack of smokes.

DougSlug March 5th 05 09:39 PM

Actually, if it's AC hum, it's your audio cabling setup to your PC (ground
problem), not the radio. It might also be a CTCSS tone...I don't have a
calibrated ear, so I'm not sure what frequency it was. The VX-5 is a solid
radio (I own two of 'em), but the I agree that wideband RX features probably
unnecessarily compromise the design.

- Doug