RadioBanter

-   -   antenna tower help (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/69152-antenna-tower-help.html)

tobinns April 18th 05 01:27 AM

antenna tower help

I have an antenna tower that I have no info about. Can someone help me
ID it.

It's a 4 leg tower make of steel with zigzag cross bracing. I have 65'
of tower.

I need to know if it's a self supporting tower or if it needs supports.

here are images.

http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/2360eb0...4DwYCB9J36V0QH

http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/2360eb0...f4DwYCBDOJdZg1.

tobinns April 18th 05 01:35 AM

Second link didn't work

http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/2360eb0...f9RwYCBu2MnZg1.

Bill April 18th 05 09:18 PM

In message . com,
tobinns writes
Second link didn't work

http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/2360eb0...3.jpg?bf9RwYCB
u2MnZg1.

Not too sure about this one either! All I get is:-

Bill

tobinns April 20th 05 09:37 PM

here are photo links that work.

http://tremorsinc.tripod.com/images/IMG00392.jpg
http://tremorsinc.tripod.com/images/IMG00393.jpg

Ken Bessler April 20th 05 09:57 PM

"tobinns" wrote in message
oups.com...
here are photo links that work.

http://tremorsinc.tripod.com/images/IMG00392.jpg
http://tremorsinc.tripod.com/images/IMG00393.jpg

I wouldn't put that up until I had it sandblasted & inspected
for RUST. Remember - if you put it up and it falls (which in
this case looks likely), YOU are liable!

To answer your original question on weather it's self supporting
I wouldn't trust it. It looks like a 4 sided Rohn and that's not
good.

To put it plainly, I wouldn't put that up unless I had it inspected
and paid an engeneer to evaluate it. In other words, I'd rather
spend tha same $$$ on a new tower.

--
73's es gd dx de Ken KGØWX
Grid EM17ip, Flying Pigs #1055,