RadioBanter

-   -   Bearcat BC396T anyone? (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/75742-bearcat-bc396t-anyone.html)

Aspen37 August 3rd 05 09:28 PM

Bearcat BC396T anyone?

I'm not sure if this discussion has come up yet, so I guess I'll give er a
go.
Has anyone purchased and/or used the 396T yet?
If so, what are your impressions over the 296, APCO25 decoding, rx,
programming, etc.

thnx

Lou

Dan Conti August 4th 05 04:59 AM

Lou,

Go to the YAHOO Groups group for the 396T. Literally thousands of
postings relative to this new scanner.

As you can see, the newsgroups have become a wasteland. Literally.

All the action is in Yahoo groups, or the various radio forums like
Strong Signals, and Radio Reference.

Pricey, but a great scanner, BTW.

Dan

Neil Bell August 4th 05 08:45 PM

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 03:59:00 GMT, Dan Conti wrote:

I'm not sure if this discussion has come up yet, so I guess I'll give
er a
go.
Has anyone purchased and/or used the 396T yet?
If so, what are your impressions over the 296, APCO25 decoding, rx,
programming, etc.

Yep and it is a GREAT scanner!

Neil

Bill Crocker August 5th 05 04:51 AM

About the only negative comments coming from owners are that the markings,
labels, key numbers, etc, are wearing off very prematurely. Uniden is aware
of the problem, and is looking into a solution.

Bill Crocker

Aspen37 August 5th 05 09:49 PM

Thanks for all the info....................
I'm looking to replace my Pro-96 with a real radio (Uniden), and heard
nothing but bad reports in regards to the 296D, so wanted to get a heads up
on the 396T.

thnx

Lou

Bill Crocker August 6th 05 03:35 AM

You don't consider the PRO-96 a "real radio"? I'd be interested in your
reasons why. I've owned Unidens, and Radio Shack's (GRE) scanners. I
currently own the PRO-96, and the PRO-2096, and find they both work
extremely well, including the digital function while monitoring MPSCS in
Michigan. What problems have you had?

Bill Crocker