RadioBanter

-   -   Airport Freq. (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/77112-airport-freq.html)

Glenan August 27th 05 07:22 AM

Airport Freq.

Hi all:

I just purchased my first scanner in hopes of getting into a new hobby.
With this in mind, I will apologize in advance if some of my questions seem
"elementary"

I am also interested in aviation but cannot seem to locate a good listing of
airport frequencies. I am assuming that airports all operate on one
specific frequency for a great deal of their communications with the
aircraft. Could someone please give me these frequencies or direct me to a
website where I could get them?

Also, I have been told that purchasing a frequency "guide" would be a waste
of my money. Could I please have your opinion that would include a good
source of frequencies?

I live in South Florida, Broward county to be exact, and would also be
interested in a local "club".

Thank you in advance fir any help you may be able to give me.
Glenn

Brad August 27th 05 10:31 AM

"Glenan" wrote in message
Hi all:

I just purchased my first scanner in hopes of getting into a new hobby.
With this in mind, I will apologize in advance if some of my questions
seem "elementary"

I am also interested in aviation but cannot seem to locate a good listing
of airport frequencies. I am assuming that airports all operate on one
specific frequency for a great deal of their communications with the
aircraft. Could someone please give me these frequencies or direct me to
a website where I could get them?

Right about this point I would like to introduce you to a system known as
Google. It's quite incredible really. I'm surprised you seem unfamiliar with
it operation.

Airports do not operate on one frequency. They use several (small GA
airports) to dozens (larger airports)

a search on Broward County Airport returned:

Airport / FBO Information
KFLL FORT LAUDERDALE/HOLLYWOOD INTL FORT LAUDERDALE
FL Time Zone: ET

Lat: N 2604.4 Long: W 08009.2 Elev: 9 Var: +04 Longest
Runway: 9000
Clr Del: 128.4 Dept. ATIS: 135.0 Arr. ATIS: 135.0 Ground:
121.4/121.7 Tower: 119.3/120.2

ATIS is Airport Terminal Information service.
CLR DEL is Clearance Delivery
Dept Departures
Ground is for ground movements
Tower is, well, for the Tower.

Try it for yourself, you'll get results within millisecond, instead of days
awaiting others to do all the work for you.

Brad.

Glenan August 27th 05 08:14 PM

I am quite familiar with Google. They are my homepage.

I always thought that newsgroups were intended for a purpose like this
(among others) ((Please correct me if I am mistaken and I will not post any
such type of messages anymore)). I did not intend for anyone to do any
"work" for me and I guess I must apologize to Brad for any inconvenience I
might have caused him.

As my Grandfather used to say... "It takes all kinds"

A sincere thank you to those who have helped me in a civil manner.

Glenn

Brad August 28th 05 03:32 AM

"DougSlug" wrote in message
I believe you'll find what you're looking for at http://www.airnav.com.

I'm sorry if my answer wasn't snotty, sarcastic or arrogant.

You forgot helpful. Not only did I tell him where to find the information, I
also went the extra mile, unlike you, and found it for him, listed it and
even explained the terminology.

But you are right about my response being snotty. It was intended to be.
Someone with Google for a Homepage ought to ask it first. What was that old
story about Teaching a Man to Fish?

Brad.

Brad August 28th 05 03:37 AM

"Glenan" wrote in message
I am quite familiar with Google. They are my homepage.

As my Grandfather used to say... "It takes all kinds"

A sincere thank you to those who have helped me in a civil manner.

Glenn

And my Grandfather used to say The Lord helps those who help themselves. If
after that, you have difficulty understanding something, then we (I) am
only too happy to assist in any way possible. But too many people want
something for nothing in this world.

Despite that, you received only two replies, one was a URL from Doug, and
mine contained all the local frequencies and explanation of the terminology.
I'm sorry if you did not find my reply helpful.

Brad.

Glenan August 28th 05 04:52 AM

It was not that I did not find your post helpful. It was the sarcasm that
you applied. In the original message, I stated that "I was having trouble
locating..." i.e.: I had already looked for myself.

And now a suggestion for you: Perhaps you should try comprehending a post
more thoroughly before sarcastically insulting people.

Glenn

Brad August 28th 05 05:10 AM

Well, you know, I'm over 16,000 kilometers away, have no knowledge of your
area, county or local airport, and yet I was able to type in Broward County
airport and hit it in one. Why wouldn't I be sarcastic? I did read your post
and answered it accurately. Would you like me to email you a map too?

Brad.

DougSlug August 28th 05 01:31 PM

Glenn,

My advice, unsolicited as it may be, is to just step away from it and move
on. Brad is clearly one of these "last word/always right" types who
flourish on the Internet. Take the high road...there's plenty of lanes open
on the low road for Brad and his buddies.

Happy scanning!

Al Klein August 29th 05 05:09 AM

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 12:37:36 +1000, "Brad" bradvk2qq AT w6ir.com
said in rec.radio.scanner:

And my Grandfather used to say The Lord helps those who help themselves.

And some help themselves by posting questions on newsgroups.

Al Klein August 29th 05 05:11 AM

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 23:52:29 -0400, "Glenan" said
in rec.radio.scanner:

It was not that I did not find your post helpful. It was the sarcasm that
you applied. In the original message, I stated that "I was having trouble
locating..." i.e.: I had already looked for myself.

You might also want to look at
http://www.radioreference.com/module...me=RR&ctid=321 for
non-aircraft frequencies.

Glenan August 30th 05 01:10 AM

Okay, now that my blood pressure has leveled off and I have realized that
Brad definitely IS the always right / last word types, I would like to thank
all of you that have offered suggestions and help IN A CIVIL manner.
Anyway, I laughed brad off by telling my wife I was going to start a NG
....."rec.how.to.be.rude"

I guess in reality, I took it to far by letting this get to me.

Thanks again,
Glenn.

LiRM August 31st 05 09:06 PM

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 02:22:51 -0400, "Glenan"
wrote:

[...]

Greetings. I can recommend a few things to you since I live in your
area.

First, there is a local group that is part of Yahoo Groups. I'm not
sure if you are familiar with this or not, but go here and do some
reading:

The name of the group I'm talking about is SEFLORIDA. Here is a
direct URL for the group:

SEFLORIDA is a group dedicated to South East Florida scanning. It's a
nice bunch of folks. I have done very little posting on the group -
mostly I lurk, but there is a lot to be learned by just reading.

Also, one of the guys on the group makes and sells a book/CD called
the South Florida trunking guide. Here is a link for that book:

http://www.scannerdude.com/

I know you said you into scanning airports, but this book covers all
the counties in South Florida and is a wealth of info. No, I'm not
affiliated with it at all, just a happy customer.

This should give you a pretty good start.

Also, you might want to take a look through Yahoo Groups for your
particular scanner type - there are groups set up for particular
scanners - for example - I've got a Uniden BCD396T and I've learned a
tremendous amount from that group.

Good luck and enjoy. I enjoy listening to the airports myself on
occasion.

Here's a few to get you going for starters:

Air Emergency 121.5000
Mil Air Emerg 243.0000
Miami Inter. 118.3000
Miami - Depart 119.4500
Miami - Approach 120.5000
Miami - Helo 123.0250
Miami - Helo 123.0500
Miami Inter. 123.9000
Miami - Approach 124.8500
Miami - Approach 125.7500
Miami - Approach 127.6500

Air Emergency 121.5000
Ft.Laud-Approach 119.3000
Ft.Laud 120.2000
Ft.Laud Exec AP 120.9000

Air Emergency 121.5000
PBI Airport 118.7500
PBI Airport 119.1000
PBI Approach 124.6000
PBI Approach 125.0000
PBI Approach 125.2000
PBI Depart 127.3500
PBI Depart 128.3000

Air Emergency 121.5000
Opa Locka 118.6000
Opa Locka 125.6000
American 129.2000
United 129.5000
Delta 129.5500
Delta 130.1000
Delta 131.4500

Good luck,

LiRM

Brad August 31st 05 09:46 PM

"Craven Morehead" wrote in message
Brad, the asshole.

Now that was completely unnecessary.

Brad.

kla1899 October 8th 05 04:51 PM

Airport Freq.

"Glenan" wrote in
:

[...]

Don't mined the ass hole's Glenn, theirs at least 4 or 5 in every news
group.. They have no life so they razzz people to make them selfs look
big.. Just set your news reader to ignore them.. And to answer your
quest this might help.

http://www.airnav.com/

and

http://www.milaircomms.com/index.html

If you need any other help just ask us at
http://www.scannertesting.com We are happy to help a novice in the hobby
:-)

--
kla1899

Brad October 10th 05 09:20 AM

Airport Freq.

"kla1899" wrote in message
"Glenan" wrote in

Don't mined the ass hole's Glenn, theirs at least 4 or 5 in every news
group.. They have no life so they razzz people to make them selfs look
big.. Just set your news reader to ignore them.. And to answer your
quest this might help.

http://www.airnav.com/

and

http://www.milaircomms.com/index.html

If you need any other help just ask us at
http://www.scannertesting.com We are happy to help a novice in the hobby
:-)

--
kla1899

Congratulations. You've just totally proved the point I was making in my
original reply to Glenan "Try it for yourself, you'll get results within
millisecond, instead of days awaiting others to do all the work for you."

Glenan posed the original question 6 WEEKS ago. In your reply, apart from
resorting to foul language, you repeated the same URL given him by others,
and also the first URL to top the list in a Google enquiry.

I find it curious that the first and only people in this group to resort to
swearing and name calling have all been Americans. You must be so proud.

Brad.

[email protected] October 12th 05 05:17 AM

Airport Freq.

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:20:34 +1000, "Brad" bradvk2qq AT w6ir.com
wrote:

"kla1899" wrote in message
. ..
"Glenan" wrote in

[...]