RadioBanter

-   -   Now this is a nifty radio ! (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/78400-re-now-nifty-radio.html)

HotShot September 17th 05 01:02 PM

Now this is a nifty radio !

Um yah, but too bad it doesn't transmit in the air band.

# Power Output: 5 watts Airband, 5 watts 144-148 Mhz FM
# Receive: Airband 108-137 Mhz, NOAA Weather, FM Broadcast 88-108 Mhz

Casey wrote:
Dave wrote:

And it has 2 meters also!

Agree, very nice and it would be a great radio for when you are way out in
the middle of nowhere with an emergency. You can always contact a plane
flying over to relay your position and situation to local authorities and
not have to rely on a Ham 2 meter repeater being nearby. Very cool radio
and nice size and battery life too.

PowerHouse Communications September 17th 05 01:44 PM

Um, yah, but your quote would seen to say otherwise...

. ..

Al Klein September 17th 05 11:13 PM

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 08:02:02 -0400, HotShot
said in rec.radio.scanner:

Um yah, but too bad it doesn't transmit in the air band.

So tell me again ... what does it do that my VX-5 won't do? For less
money?