RadioBanter

-   -   Military band capable (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/78516-military-band-capable.html)

[email protected] September 20th 05 01:59 AM

Military band capable

Was thinking of PRO-96 but it lacks mil freq band.
I wouldn't want to spend $$ and not be able to receive that band.
Which is the best gear under $500 you recommend?
And what should I expect to hear on normal scanner? TIA
-Bill

Al Klein September 20th 05 02:09 AM

On 19 Sep 2005 17:59:02 -0700, said in
rec.radio.scanner:

Was thinking of PRO-96 but it lacks mil freq band.
I wouldn't want to spend $$ and not be able to receive that band.
Which is the best gear under $500 you recommend?
And what should I expect to hear on normal scanner? TIA

The Pro-96, after you buy the AC supply/charger, programming cable,
batteries and software is well over $500. For less money you could
buy the Uniden BCD396T and get MilAir coverage and fire tone-out
alert.

Bill Crocker September 20th 05 04:55 AM

The PRO-96 can be enabled on MilAir, using Win96 software. It works very
well in fact!

Another consideration, if money is a consideration, and you don't need
digital, is Radio Shack's (GRE Mfg'rd) new PRO-97. MilAir right out of the
box, and on sale right now for $179.99!

Bill Crocker

oups.com...

[email protected] September 20th 05 03:35 PM

From what I have read, I gathered the PRO2067 is the desktop,
or underdash version of either the PRO95 or PRO96.
Can the PRO2067 be MilAir enabled using software
like Win96, or Win95? Sorry if this is a silly question, but I received

a PRO2067 as part of a complex trade and haven't had much of a
chance to invesitgate it's capability.

Terry

Al Klein September 20th 05 06:08 PM

On 20 Sep 2005 07:35:17 -0700, said in
rec.radio.scanner:

From what I have read, I gathered the PRO2067 is the desktop,

or underdash version of either the PRO95 or PRO96.
Can the PRO2067 be MilAir enabled using software
like Win96, or Win95? Sorry if this is a silly question, but I received

a PRO2067 as part of a complex trade and haven't had much of a
chance to invesitgate it's capability.

It can probably be made to *tune to* MilAir. It can't be made to have
any sensitivity there without major hardware redesign.

kla1899 September 21st 05 04:14 PM

wrote in news:1127177942.500786.165350
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Was thinking of PRO-96 but it lacks mil freq band.
I wouldn't want to spend $$ and not be able to receive that band.
Which is the best gear under $500 you recommend?
And what should I expect to hear on normal scanner? TIA
-Bill

Well Bill the biggest bang for the buck is still the Uniden BC780XLT
you can find them on eBay running from $175.00 to $320.00 for a new one.

--
kla1899