RadioBanter

-   -   Looking for information on transceivers I have. (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/80527-looking-information-transceivers-i-have.html)

Ad Hoc Guy October 24th 05 02:48 AM

Looking for information on transceivers I have.

Hello,

I bought a few used transceivers in a garage sale and it looks like they
were used for railroad communications. Fairly recent, they have approx. 40
channels each and a LCD display with toggle selection switches for channels
and volume. One is GE the other is Motorola.
I checked and they work perfectly but I do not want to interfere with RR
communications.
They seem to have a prong on the side of the portable that attaches in order
to be programmed.
Does anyone know what type of cable and computer program is needed to
re-program these units ?
Thank You

--
"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'... until you can find a rock"

Al Klein October 24th 05 06:36 AM

Looking for information on transceivers I have.

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:48:33 -0400, "Ad Hoc Guy"
said in rec.radio.scanner:

I bought a few used transceivers in a garage sale and it looks like they
were used for railroad communications. Fairly recent, they have approx. 40
channels each and a LCD display with toggle selection switches for channels
and volume. One is GE the other is Motorola.
I checked and they work perfectly but I do not want to interfere with RR
communications.
They seem to have a prong on the side of the portable that attaches in order
to be programmed.
Does anyone know what type of cable and computer program is needed to
re-program these units ?

Look for labels. Post model numbers.