RadioBanter

-   -   Scanner to buy (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/82264-scanner-buy.html)

Randy November 18th 05 11:55 PM

Scanner to buy

I have had the Icom R5 for about 2 weeks now, took a little bit to
understand the different commands to what I was use to with a Radio Shack
model, but over all I would rate this model a 8 out 10
I might add it takes a little bit to understand the computer interface,
since I didn't buy the Icom software and was able to get freeware software.

I purchased this unit from http://www.radioworld.ca
and have always been a fan of their great support in Canadian amateur Radio.
I would recommend these guys because over the past 20 years they have been
the best in Canada.

I purchased the Radio, with the antennae adapter and cable for under
$360.00. I purchased my Radio Shack model 5 years prior for $499.00 plus
taxes.......

Thanks again...and I am not any affiliation of radioworld, just an avid
radio comm guy.

Randy