RadioBanter

-   -   Uniden BC-60 xlt repair (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/83671-uniden-bc-60-xlt-repair.html)

Hog'r December 5th 05 01:57 PM

Uniden BC-60 xlt repair

Hi

Have one of these with a problem. When you turn it on, crackling
sound
emits from the spkr. Previously I could remove the batteries and the
radio
would work agian. Now it doesn't. Turning the squelch doen't seem to
matter at all. Volume works and you can hit the 'scan' button which
will
change the freq.

Somebody seen this? Repair instructions avail or pointers?

thanks

todh

mikeFNB December 6th 05 12:06 AM

Uniden BC-60 xlt repair

try a factory reset

http://www.racescanners.com/~draley/tips.htm

mike

Hog'r December 6th 05 05:57 PM

Uniden BC-60 xlt repair

Nope, cleared all the freq's but still can't adjust static away using
squelch.

todh

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 00:06:44 GMT, "mikeFNB"
wrote:

try a factory reset

http://www.racescanners.com/~draley/tips.htm

mike

.. .

mikeFNB December 6th 05 11:57 PM

Uniden BC-60 xlt repair

ok, is it under warranty?

if you are in the uk i would contact w+s or martin lynch or WHY & ask about
if there is a factory reset routing which totally resets the beasty.
there will be one, but i can't dind it on the net.
unless the one you have tried is the only one?

what does it do on an external psu?

do you get anything at all rx'ed on it on say a very strong station or
nearby H/H

seems like a visit to a repair shop is in order.

mike

wrote:

try a factory reset

http://www.racescanners.com/~draley/tips.htm

mike

. ..

Al Klein December 7th 05 04:21 AM

Uniden BC-60 xlt repair

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 17:57:39 GMT, Hog'r
wrote:

Nope, cleared all the freq's but still can't adjust static away using
squelch.

Does it go away if you turn the volume down?

If it does, the problem is between the squelch point in the audio and
the volume control (not much circuitry there). If it doesn't it's
between the volume control and the speaker.

Hog'r December 9th 05 09:46 PM

Uniden BC-60 xlt repair

Yup, volume has control.