RadioBanter

-   -   newbie: security question about scanners (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/84762-newbie-security-question-about-scanners.html)

tg December 22nd 05 12:08 AM

newbie: security question about scanners

can a scanner be tracked?, or can a scanner be 'located' by some other more sophisticated device?
specifically, I was thinking of buying an AOR AR8200 and I wondered if anyone knows if this device (as well as being a good
recieving device) gives off any hidden or unmentioned signals that someone else could pick up. Does it or any other scanners
contain an RFID chip?
Thanks for any advice.

mikeFNB December 22nd 05 12:33 AM

newbie: security question about scanners

yes, it can!!

, though not too easily, every receiver no matter what type has oscillators
which produce signals, these at close range can be detected, that's how tv
detector vans work.

possible, but to be honest , very inprobable the men in black suits would
ever do so.

mike

"Barry OGrady" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 00:08:10 -0000, "tg"
wrote:

can a scanner be tracked?

No.

Barry
=====
Home page
http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

Ken December 22nd 05 08:36 PM

newbie: security question about scanners

Wearing a foil hat WILL PROTECT YOU!
;-)

Ken

"mikeFNB" wrote in message
yes, it can!!

, though not too easily, every receiver no matter what type has

oscillators
which produce signals, these at close range can be detected, that's how tv
detector vans work.

possible, but to be honest , very inprobable the men in black suits would
ever do so.

mike

"Barry OGrady" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 00:08:10 -0000, "tg"
wrote:

can a scanner be tracked?

No.

Barry
=====

Homer.Simpson December 22nd 05 09:17 PM

newbie: security question about scanners

Ken said

Wearing a foil hat WILL PROTECT YOU!
;-)

Ken

Just make sure you put the shiny side on the correct side. I forget
which is correct..... but the details are he

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

non_pc_comments/
Merry Xmas to everyone
non_pc_comments

;-)

tg December 22nd 05 10:43 PM

"Ken" wrote in message ...
Wearing a foil hat WILL PROTECT YOU!
;-)

in that case I'll get one straight away!!!

DougSlug December 23rd 05 12:59 AM

newbie: security question about scanners

Just make sure it is properly grounded.