RadioBanter

-   -   2006 pro problems/questions (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/85487-2006-pro-problems-questions.html)

Neuroses 60623 December 31st 05 10:46 PM

2006 pro problems/questions

Experts,

I have a used RS Pro 2006. I have figured out how to scan with it and all
that (thank you!) but...

I can pick up signals from very close by, including my own cordless phone.
However, I scanned all list night and didn't get ANYTHING in the 800-900mhz.
Tried again this morning and still nothing.

Is there something I am missing? (Its modded btw). Shouldn't I just be able
to program the limits and get stuff?

Is this set bad?

Thank you!

-N6

Jesse January 1st 06 12:05 AM

2006 pro problems/questions

"Neuroses 60623" wrote in
:

Experts,

I have a used RS Pro 2006. I have figured out how to scan with it and
all that (thank you!) but...

I can pick up signals from very close by, including my own cordless
phone. However, I scanned all list night and didn't get ANYTHING in the
800-900mhz. Tried again this morning and still nothing.

Is there something I am missing? (Its modded btw). Shouldn't I just be
able to program the limits and get stuff?

Is this set bad?

Thank you!

-N6

Could it be because there is not much activity in the 800-900 mhz range in
most areas anymore ?
Hmmmmm ... I wonder .... ???

Neuroses 60623 January 1st 06 04:13 PM

2006 pro problems/questions

I am supposed to pick up cell, right? I can see people right in front of my
house talking on cell phones when I scan, but I can't seem to get anything!

Is this normal?

-N6

"Jesse" wrote in message
"Neuroses 60623" wrote in
:

Neuroses 60623 January 1st 06 06:07 PM

2006 pro problems/questions

Is there any scanners that will pick up ALL cell calls?

I am pretty much new to the scanning thing.

I was under the impression that scanners (modded) would pick up all cell and
cordless calls. For a few more months anyway.

-N6

"Evan Platt" wrote in message
On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 10:13:31 -0600, "Neuroses 60623"
wrote:

I am supposed to pick up cell, right? I can see people right in front of
my
house talking on cell phones when I scan, but I can't seem to get
anything!

Is this normal?

Unless the person standing in front of your house is using a 800 mhz
analog phone OR a digital phone but is in an area where they can't get
digital / GSM coverage so their phone has switched to analog...

Jesse January 1st 06 07:46 PM

2006 pro problems/questions

"Neuroses 60623" wrote in
:

I am supposed to pick up cell, right? I can see people right in front
of my house talking on cell phones when I scan, but I can't seem to get
anything!

Is this normal?

-N6

At this point I'm going to assume that you are just a top posting troll - And
no, thats "not normal".

Rob Cullen January 1st 06 09:43 PM

2006 pro problems/questions

You can't pick up any modern cell phones unlewss you are the government.
Which you're not. Hope you didn't spend a fortune on your 2006.

Neuroses 60623 January 1st 06 10:48 PM

2006 pro problems/questions

Not a troll. Just a newbie trying to take all this in, AT ONCE!

-N6

"Jesse" wrote in message
"Neuroses 60623" wrote in
:

Neuroses 60623 January 1st 06 10:50 PM

2006 pro problems/questions

Somewhat of a fortune was certainly spent. All I got so far was a couple of
cordless calls. Sucks!

I went through all of this stuff for nothing! Damned govt.! Always ruin all
the fun!

-N6

SOx January 1st 06 11:43 PM

2006 pro problems/questions

Sheesh, if you want to listen to cell phone calls just go to your
local WalMart and stand in the lobby.

E January 2nd 06 12:34 AM

2006 pro problems/questions

That's like saying "I bought this expensive plasma TV, and all I watch is
stupid beer commercials".

There's so much more that 2006 can do! Search around the internet and learn
about scanning a bit. You'll find there's a whole world waiting to be
explored with that scanner.

Happy New Year.