RadioBanter

-   -   Alinco DJ-X3 antenna (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/87881-alinco-dj-x3-antenna.html)

Seventhson February 4th 06 11:36 PM

Alinco DJ-X3 antenna

I'm looking for a better antenna for my dj-x3 to be able to receive signals
better. It would preferably have to cover the whole range of the X3
(0.1-1300MHz) as there are frequencies all across it's range that I listen
to. I live in a flat so roof or wall mounted is not an option but I would
also like to be able to use it in the car and it not be too expensive.
Thanks

Al Klein February 5th 06 12:09 AM

Alinco DJ-X3 antenna

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 23:36:00 -0000, "Seventhson"
wrote:

I'm looking for a better antenna for my dj-x3 to be able to receive signals
better. It would preferably have to cover the whole range of the X3
(0.1-1300MHz)

Aside from advertising hype, there's no such thing. Or, rather,
anything that conducts electricity will act as an antenna, but it will
only act as a good antenna over a relatively small range of
frequencies. (Even a multi-band antenna only works well over a small
percentage of the range you posted.)

I would also like to be able to use it in the car

Remember that, to have any efficiency at all, an antenna has to
reasonably approach 1/4 wavelength of the frequency it's receiving.
(Even 0.1 wavelength will give you some reception.) At 0.1 MHz,
you're talking about a wavelength of 9,835 feet, so the shortest
antenna that has any hope of working is going to be almost 100 feet
long - hardly something you can use on a car.

Mike GW8IJT February 7th 06 08:26 AM

Alinco DJ-X3 antenna

"Seventhson" wrote in message
I'm looking for a better antenna for my dj-x3 to be able to receive

signals
better. It would preferably have to cover the whole range of the X3
(0.1-1300MHz) as there are frequencies all across it's range that I

listen
to. I live in a flat so roof or wall mounted is not an option but I

would
also like to be able to use it in the car and it not be too expensive.
Thanks

Get a decent scanner, the DJ-X3 is rubbish.

AJ February 8th 06 03:28 PM

Alinco DJ-X3 antenna

Mike GW8IJT wrote:
"Seventhson" wrote in message
I'm looking for a better antenna for my dj-x3 to be able to receive

signals
better. It would preferably have to cover the whole range of the X3
(0.1-1300MHz) as there are frequencies all across it's range that I

listen
to. I live in a flat so roof or wall mounted is not an option but I

would
also like to be able to use it in the car and it not be too expensive.
Thanks

Get a decent scanner, the DJ-X3 is rubbish.

What would you suggest as a good scanner that has wide coverage.

Al Klein February 9th 06 03:17 AM

Alinco DJ-X3 antenna

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 15:28:19 +0000, AJ
-UK wrote:

What would you suggest as a good scanner that has wide coverage.

Uniden 330.