RadioBanter

-   -   Radio Shack PRO-97 No reception of audio signal (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/88495-radio-shack-pro-97-no-reception-audio-signal.html)

[email protected] February 15th 06 12:32 AM

Radio Shack PRO-97 No reception of audio signal

I just received a PRO-97 and have been trying to get it to work. I
understand trunking programming is something to be learned but I have
not had any luck picking up the weather channels. Sometimes the unit
will scan the weather channels but I don't receive any sound, just
background noise. I have adjusted the squelch to just below threshold
with no luck. Occasionally when I first turn the unit on I can pick up
on of the stations but if I scan I can never get it back again. I am
comparing this unit with an old PRO-26 that is receiving loud and
clear. I have loaded the preprogrammed frequencies and tried to scan,
no luck. While the Pro-26 is receiving signals on the same bands. I
have tried initializing the scanner. Is there something that I am
missing or do I have a bad unit ?

Stan Hanna

Bo Williams February 15th 06 12:59 AM

wrote:

Is there something that I am
missing or do I have a bad unit ?

Sounds like the latter to me. I've never been anywhere in the U.S. that
I couldn't get at least one, and usually two or three, weather channels
loud and clear. Exchange it.
--
Bo Williams -

http://hiwaay.net/~williams/