Old March 11th 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
as400

Default Pro-2006 400 channel scanner backup battery problems

PLease help -

I have a base Pro-2006 400 channel scanner plugged in to the wall all
the time and I just bought a 9-v type battery for the backup
power...The battery fits into those prongs or whatever there called and
I closed the protective cover after I tucked in the battery
inside...Now as I unplug the unit from the wall, it does not turn
on....How come? What do I need to check if the batter placement is
correctly inserted or not?

Its suppose to turn on right?? Even with the outlet plug unplugged from
the wall....

Beats me...

And these are fresh batteries too...I just got them.

Old March 11th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
honestjohn

"as400" wrote in message
ups.com...
PLease help -

I have a base Pro-2006 400 channel scanner plugged in to the wall all
the time and I just bought a 9-v type battery for the backup
power...The battery fits into those prongs or whatever there called and
I closed the protective cover after I tucked in the battery
inside...Now as I unplug the unit from the wall, it does not turn
on....How come? What do I need to check if the batter placement is
correctly inserted or not?

Its suppose to turn on right?? Even with the outlet plug unplugged from
the wall....

Beats me...

And these are fresh batteries too...I just got them.

The 9 volt battery is just for "backing-up" the scanner's programmed
frequencies, ONLY! Ane not to actually operate the scanner on that 9 volt
battery!

H.J.

Old March 11th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
St. John Smythe

as400 wrote:
Its suppose to turn on right?? Even with the outlet plug unplugged from
the wall....

No. The 9v battery is just to keep the memory from being lost when the
power goes off, not to power the unit.

--
St. John
I went to the race track once and bet on a horse that was so good that
Old March 13th 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Jesse

"as400" wrote in news:1142097016.592622.10610
@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

PLease help -

I have a base Pro-2006 400 channel scanner plugged in to the wall all
the time and I just bought a 9-v type battery for the backup
power...The battery fits into those prongs or whatever there called and
I closed the protective cover after I tucked in the battery
inside...Now as I unplug the unit from the wall, it does not turn
on....How come? What do I need to check if the batter placement is
correctly inserted or not?

Its suppose to turn on right?? Even with the outlet plug unplugged from
the wall....

Beats me...

And these are fresh batteries too...I just got them.

I will give you credit as a troll, not believing that you can possibly be as
dense to beleive that a 9 volt would run a box like that.