I like the scanner's coverage, but I am going to trash it
unless I can fix it.

Bill, KC0IZI

Frank346 April 7th 06 01:47 AM

Pro-2004 problem . . .

That's usually caused by a defective voltage regulator, IC9. Join the group
at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PRO-2004/ and browse the messages and
files. If you can't repair it, try putting it up for auction on Ebay as a
'for parts only' listing.

wrote in message

I understand some of the Pro-2004s have a problem with
`cold solder joints' which causes the 9 volt backup
battery to quickly dissipate - (3-weeks life).

Does anyone know more about this? If so, which parts of
the circuit boards are the problem. Any diagrams, photos,
etc...would be helpful.