RadioBanter

-   -   Scanner Backup Program (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/94901-scanner-backup-program.html)

Zildjyn May 21st 06 06:34 AM

Scanner Backup Program

I have a BC350C and I realize that I can't backup the data. I also
have a PRO-99, what can I useto back up the data. I have ScanControl
5.1.1 full but no luck.

TIA,

Zil

Al Klein May 21st 06 09:44 PM

Scanner Backup Program

On Sun, 21 May 2006 01:34:47 -0400, Zildjyn
wrote:

I have a BC350C and I realize that I can't backup the data. I also
have a PRO-99, what can I useto back up the data. I have ScanControl
5.1.1 full but no luck.

For the Pro-99 you can use Win99
http://www.starrsoft.com/software/win99/default.asp. For the BC350,
it doesn't look as if the scanner has a data port of any sort, so you
can't do what you want. I may be wrong, but Uniden's site doesn't
even list a data cable for the scanner.

Zombie Wolf May 22nd 06 09:01 AM

Scanner Backup Program

Simply back up the directory that the scanner software is installed in,
since there is a very good chance that the program stores it's data in the
same directory, in a file. After all, the program has to retain this data
from one run to the next, you see.