RadioBanter

-   -   AOR 2800 mkIIB PC cable??? (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/96556-aor-2800-mkiib-pc-cable.html)

Brian Hill June 14th 06 10:37 PM

AOR 2800 mkIIB PC cable???

Hi guys. I'm in search of a cable for this new scanner of mine and doing a
search online I see they are made of gold. Any cheap sources for these?
Thanks

Regards
B.H.

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/500.htm

Brian's Basement
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/6.htm

Al Klein June 14th 06 11:29 PM

AOR 2800 mkIIB PC cable???

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:37:59 -0500, "Brian Hill" wrote:

Hi guys. I'm in search of a cable for this new scanner of mine and doing a
search online I see they are made of gold. Any cheap sources for these?
Thanks

Cheap sources for gold? If you find any let me know.

Brian Hill June 15th 06 01:13 AM

AOR 2800 mkIIB PC cable???

"Al Klein" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:37:59 -0500, "Brian Hill" wrote:

Hi guys. I'm in search of a cable for this new scanner of mine and doing a
search online I see they are made of gold. Any cheap sources for these?
Thanks

Cheap sources for gold? If you find any let me know.

I said the heck with it and bought one here. It's the cheapest I found.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

--

Regards
B.H.

Al Klein June 15th 06 01:52 AM

AOR 2800 mkIIB PC cable???

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:13:46 -0500, "Brian Hill" wrote:

I said the heck with it and bought one here. It's the cheapest I found.

I don't know what's on the AOR end - mini-USB? USB to RS-232
converter? But the price looks like "let's see how much I can get
away with". If someone figured it out and sold them for around $39 he
would probably sell a lot of them and still make money.

Brian Hill June 15th 06 03:23 AM

AOR 2800 mkIIB PC cable???

"Al Klein" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:13:46 -0500, "Brian Hill" wrote:

I said the heck with it and bought one here. It's the cheapest I found.

I don't know what's on the AOR end - mini-USB? USB to RS-232
converter? But the price looks like "let's see how much I can get
away with". If someone figured it out and sold them for around $39 he
would probably sell a lot of them and still make money.

Yea there can't be more than $15 worth the materials in the darn things. The
ones that the guy on Ebay is selling has a discriminator output and the AORs
don't and there cheaper. So I guess that ok. I was looking on line some more
and one Co was charging somewhere around $170!!! wow! I hope it comes with
Vaseline :)

Al Klein June 15th 06 05:34 AM

AOR 2800 mkIIB PC cable???

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 21:23:59 -0500, "Brian Hill" wrote:

Yea there can't be more than $15 worth the materials in the darn things. The
ones that the guy on Ebay is selling has a discriminator output

A 1/8" plug? Gee, that's got to raise the cost at least $0.25.

I was thinking that there might be some active circuitry in there. If
it's just 3 connectors and some cable I think you way overestimated
the cost - even if you just wanted to make 1 of them. Look at
http://www.mpja.com/ or any other junk shop.

I was looking on line some more
and one Co was charging somewhere around $170!!! wow! I hope it comes with
Vaseline :)

And someone to stand in for you. Holy royal reaming, Batman.

Brian Hill June 15th 06 05:53 PM

AOR 2800 mkIIB PC cable???

"Al Klein" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 21:23:59 -0500, "Brian Hill" wrote:

Yea there can't be more than $15 worth the materials in the darn things.
The
ones that the guy on Ebay is selling has a discriminator output

A 1/8" plug? Gee, that's got to raise the cost at least $0.25.

I was thinking that there might be some active circuitry in there. If
it's just 3 connectors and some cable I think you way overestimated
the cost - even if you just wanted to make 1 of them. Look at
http://www.mpja.com/ or any other junk shop.

I was looking on line some more
and one Co was charging somewhere around $170!!! wow! I hope it comes with
Vaseline :)

And someone to stand in for you. Holy royal reaming, Batman.

There is a small circuit in the plug. It makes up the level converter.

BH

Al Klein June 16th 06 03:44 AM

AOR 2800 mkIIB PC cable???

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:53:10 -0500, "Brian Hill" wrote:

There is a small circuit in the plug. It makes up the level converter.

Aha! If it were for a GRE scanner it would be $19.95. Add 50 cents
for the plug for the discriminator tap.