Showing results 1 to 25 of 473
Search took 1.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Geoffrey S. Mendelson
Forum: Equipment May 9th 16, 12:29 AM
Replies: 2
[KE9V] Time Running Out for TenTec

KE9V via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin wrote:

The clock is ticking and time is running out on TenTecs last act.

They just started shipping old radios that were sent in last year for
repairs....

Forum: Shortwave April 27th 16, 12:14 AM
Replies: 17
Kenwood R-1000

Michael Black wrote:
At least some of those are audio bandwidth transistors, the HRO-500 of
course needs transistors good in the shortwave and low VHF segment.

I expect they are there too. The...
Forum: Shortwave April 20th 16, 10:24 PM
Replies: 17
Kenwood R-1000

Michael Black wrote:
I gather those with HRO-500s have had some problem replacing germanium
transistors (and probably the germanium transistors need replacing because
they've gone bad over...
Forum: Equipment March 24th 16, 01:14 PM
Replies: 1
[W2LJ] The Radio Amateur's Code

W2LJ via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin wrote:

LOYAL...He/[She] offers loyalty, encouragement and support to other
amateurs, local clubs, the IARU Radio Society in his/[her] country,

Forum: Shortwave February 8th 16, 07:19 PM
Replies: 6
SONY ICF-2010 or Grundig 750

Michael wrote:
Which is the better radio? I can get the first one for $250 used and the second for $285 new.

The last ICF-2010 was made about 20 years ago. While many people have them
that still...
Forum: Equipment January 24th 16, 12:44 AM
Replies: 14
Blade fuse sockets?

gareth wrote:
Can anybody identify a source of sockets for automotive blade fuses, for
it seems to be a good idea to insert same in the power leads currently
being powerpoled?

I get them...
Forum: Homebrew November 22nd 15, 10:09 PM
Replies: 34
Scratchy?

gareth wrote:

It's the dual gang vol / tone on an FRG7700, which is a plumber's nightmare
of disassembly,
so I want to be sure of my route before setting out on it.

I have had good...
Forum: Antenna May 3rd 15, 05:12 PM
Replies: 18
External aerial for 4G+ (LTE Advanced) [Relish.net] Router

Jim wrote:
Thanks for the reply, I have been looking into it a bit more and it
seems they use 124Mhz in the LTE bands of 43 and 43 which is about
3.5GHz and 3.6GHz

That's a dead or dying...
Forum: Antenna April 29th 15, 01:29 PM
Replies: 18
External aerial for 4G+ (LTE Advanced) [Relish.net] Router

Jim wrote:
Firstly sorry if this is OT guys but you do seem the best people to ask.

The part of London I live in has rubbish ISP speeds (4 mbit) and I have
been offered an old Relish.net...
Forum: Antenna June 29th 14, 02:30 PM
Replies: 5
Longwire magnetic UnUn: Turns on T68-2

Ian Jackson wrote:

As to the efficacy of 9:1 un-uns, the augment in their favour is that
over the HF spectrum, they give a better match to a typical long wire
over more of range. However,...
Forum: Antenna June 29th 14, 09:35 AM
Replies: 5
Longwire magnetic UnUn: Turns on T68-2

Ian Jackson wrote:

I can't totally disagree with you, but you seem to have totally failed
to answer the OP's question, which was "Do I keep the same number of
turns for each winding (9) if I...
Forum: Antenna June 26th 14, 08:30 PM
Replies: 5
Longwire magnetic UnUn: Turns on T68-2

richard8123 wrote:

Hi. I've seen construction details of a longwire magnetic UnUn made with
a T130-2 toroid. The T130-2 is trifilar wound, each of the 3 windings
are 9 turns. The windings...
Forum: Boatanchors May 27th 14, 10:14 AM
Replies: 25
Heathkit Collectors

Jerry Stuckle wrote:

I don't know what you deal with - but it's obviously not the current
state of the art. Sounds like something out of the 1980's (or before).

Oh come on Jerry, the whole...
Forum: Homebrew May 26th 14, 05:54 AM
Replies: 2
Winding coils?

A. non Eyemouse wrote:

The design for the first ATU I was supplied with was described as "wind
60 turns on a bog roll holder". Once I started to use them for Txing I
moved to ceramic...
Forum: Antenna May 8th 14, 09:04 AM
Replies: 10
crimp terminals for the aluminum rg-6 type coax

Ralph Mowery wrote:

The problem is I can not solder the aluminum braid of the RG-6 type of coax.
I need to connect some rg-6 aluminum braid coax to some # 14 wire.
That is why I asked if if...
Forum: Antenna May 8th 14, 03:14 AM
Replies: 10
crimp terminals for the aluminum rg-6 type coax

Ralph Mowery wrote:
Has anyone tried using some of the ring type terminals like you crimp on
stranded wire to make connections to the cable TV type of rg-6 coax ?

The standard is compression...
Forum: Antenna April 13th 14, 10:54 AM
Replies: 11
Hayward design broadband low noise preamp for loops

Thanks Jeff, (and the others that responded)

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Thanks Jeff, (and the others that responded)
Hayward design broadband low noise preamp for loops

I have a copy of the book "Practical Wire Antennas" by Heyes (the first
edition). In it is a schematic for a low noise broadband preamplifier
for loops.

This version uses the BSX20 transistor...

Forum: Shortwave March 26th 14, 08:04 AM
Replies: 18
MP3 recorder

DhiaDuit wrote:

C Crane company in Fortuna ....

Many older MP3 players include a record function with an external audio input.
For example, a 3rd generation iPod touch, and some early...
Forum: Shortwave March 25th 14, 08:24 AM
Replies: 14
SAR for MAH370

VegasNightOwl wrote:
Is that Upper or Lower Sideband?

Almost every communication in the world that is SSB uses upper sideband.

The notable exceptions are hams which use both (the practice is...
Forum: Shortwave March 19th 14, 09:39 PM
Replies: 33
FM radio reception at ~24MHz?

sctvguy1 wrote:
You are so right, Michael. The illusion, the sitting up all night on
Friday and Saturday night, with headphones on, being about 12-17 years
old, hoping for that illusive...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 473