Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mike luther
Forum: Antenna January 26th 10, 10:51 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By mike luther
QRP is bad?

Chuckle ..

Roy Lewallen wrote:

At the leading edge of the sphere of expanding analog TV radiation are
the Howdy Doody Show and the McCarthy hearings. No intelligent alien
would come...
Forum: Antenna October 9th 09, 03:37 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By mike luther
Lightning Arrestors Question

Basic strategy

Tom Horne wrote:
How does one protect against these without breaking the bank doing so ?
Go on Mousers web site and...
Forum: Antenna October 5th 09, 10:53 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By mike luther
Focused EMP pulse?

A friend of mine cited a claim in a brand new book, "The Lost Symbol" by Dan
Brown. So said, in it is a claim of a new weapon of choice that is installed
in some USA military helicopters which is...
Forum: Antenna September 3rd 09, 06:50 PM
Replies: 250
Posted By mike luther
Corriolis force

No, grin ..

John Passaneau wrote:
Mike Luther wrote:

Oh my Goodness, is this Art's Doppelganger?

John W3JXP
Forum: Antenna September 3rd 09, 06:36 PM
Replies: 250
Posted By mike luther
Corriolis force

Hi Unwin!

Art Unwin wrote:

No. I am just exposing the so called self perceived experts on this
group to the outside world and I enjoy every bit of it. The talking
heads have no idea of the...
Forum: Antenna May 22nd 09, 03:31 AM
Replies: 43
Posted By mike luther
What is the correlation between radio waves and cancer?

It is likely a bit more complicated than this..

I know that there is some concern that cell phones may cause cancer.
But is there any possible correlation between the...
Forum: Antenna February 19th 09, 02:35 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By mike luther
40 meter groundplane questions

Suggestion.

wrote:

I have a Rohn 30 foot telescoping mast that I'd like to use as the
vertical element of a 40 meter ground plane. My idea is to add 3 feet
of pipe to...
Forum: Antenna June 23rd 08, 04:41 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By mike luther
feeding an 80 meter loop question

Suggestion ..

VK3XL wrote:
Hello all, I am planning to erect an 80 meter full wave loop antenna in
the back yard. The articals I have read so far all seem to feed the
antenna at a corner with...
Forum: Antenna May 17th 07, 01:55 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By mike luther
High noise level except when raining, why?

Another interesting variation of this ..

Jim - NN7K wrote:
Stuff talking about is arcing- 6o cycles should
have little to do with it. Also, had friend with
lamps going super bright , he got...
Forum: Antenna January 13th 07, 05:27 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By mike luther
Better for DX: Vertical or dipole?

For what it may be worth ..

Roy Lewallen wrote:
The T is simply a top loaded vertical. The top portion radiates an
insignificantly small amount for the same reason ground plane radials
don't...
Forum: Dx December 4th 06, 03:09 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By mike luther
Why VU7 Calls North America only

Hi ..

wrote:
David Thompson wrote:
Because they know that the opening is very short compared to Europe

Who has worked them so far, and...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11