Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ka7niq
Forum: Antenna May 18th 11, 03:45 AM
Replies: 92
Posted By ka7niq
Wow, what an interesting read.

Forum: Antenna March 19th 11, 12:17 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By ka7niq
Wow, I have never seen this antenna before, it...

Wow, I have never seen this antenna before, it looks pretty easy to make.
Forum: Antenna March 9th 11, 12:13 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By ka7niq
The Tree is about 40 feet tall, and yes I do...

The Tree is about 40 feet tall, and yes I do have a flat roof. I could attach a sloping wire from the tree to the roof, and center feed it with ladder line. This wire would be about 60 to 80 feet...
Forum: Antenna March 8th 11, 05:19 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By ka7niq
I have decided against the use of the Hustler...

I have decided against the use of the Hustler 4BTV. I am going to buy a CB antenna for use on 17 through 10 meters, keep the feed line short, and use it with a tuner. I have been reading that several...
Forum: Antenna March 6th 11, 05:24 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By ka7niq
I never considered this Cecil. Would you think it...

I never considered this Cecil. Would you think it better to use a wire trap dipole instead of the Hustler 4BTV
and hang it vertical in the tree ?
Forum: Antenna March 6th 11, 04:25 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By ka7niq
A wire trapped dipole would be easier to hang...

A wire trapped dipole would be easier to hang vertically in a tree.
Forum: Antenna March 6th 11, 04:22 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By ka7niq
I can get a Hustler 4BTV locally here in Tampa...

I can get a Hustler 4BTV locally here in Tampa cheap is why I mentioned it. I too prefer a Butternut! How about a commercial wire trap dipole for 10 through 40 meters hung vertically instead ?
Forum: Antenna March 5th 11, 03:25 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By ka7niq
Trap Vertical Antenna Questions

I have a tree here in the Tampa Florida area just begging to have a Hustler 4 or 5 BTV stuck in it. I have had great luck with ground mounted Hustler Verticals when I lived near the sal****er of...
Forum: Antenna March 2nd 11, 05:40 PM
Replies: 61
Posted By ka7niq
OK, IF you just wanted to buy a magnetic loop...

OK, IF you just wanted to buy a magnetic loop antenna vs build one, what are the ones to look at that are for sale, and why ? AEA once made one when I left Tampa and lived out west in Seattle. I live...
Forum: Swap March 1st 11, 07:35 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By ka7niq
LOL, I am in Tampa Florida too! I missed out on...

LOL, I am in Tampa Florida too! I missed out on this local Tampa sale when you were cleaning out your shack. Now, I am looking for some new antenna to put up on my roof here in Tampa.
Forum: Antenna March 1st 11, 07:30 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By ka7niq
Well, best of luck to you in your search OM. My...

Well, best of luck to you in your search OM. My neighbor in Seattle had one on a chimney mount, on top of a 3 story house. It was the Hybrid Products Company Mini Quad, and it did a great job!...
Forum: Antenna March 1st 11, 03:29 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By ka7niq
Pete Rhodes K4EWG did log periodic with yagi...

Pete Rhodes K4EWG did log periodic with yagi reflectors and directors called a Log Yag.
Forum: Antenna March 1st 11, 03:25 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By ka7niq
I am all FOR Computer Modeling, but I sometimes...

I am all FOR Computer Modeling, but I sometimes see people afraid to wipe their ass w/o modeling the toilet paper first. For God's sakes, just put the dam thing up, and what you get is what you get....
Forum: Antenna March 1st 11, 03:10 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By ka7niq
Vertically Oriented Loop IN and Supported By A Tree!

All I have to support an antenna at my small Tampa location is one 45 foot tall oak tree that is fairly large in diameter. I plan to toss a rope over the top of the tree, and simply pull up some...
Forum: Antenna March 1st 11, 02:29 AM
Replies: 26
Posted By ka7niq
I hate when kids mess with my antenna stuff!

I hate when kids mess with my antenna stuff!
Forum: Antenna March 1st 11, 02:25 AM
Replies: 61
Posted By ka7niq
This has been a good thread, I have little room...

This has been a good thread, I have little room for an antenna, a mag loop may be just the ticket for my small Tampa QTH ?
Forum: Policy February 12th 11, 01:47 PM
Replies: 30
VHF
Posted By ka7niq
Maybe Marky is a Bot ?

Maybe Marky is a Bot ?
Forum: Policy February 12th 11, 01:44 PM
Replies: 94
Posted By ka7niq
No one wins Internet arguments, so why argue ?

No one wins Internet arguments, so why argue ?
Forum: Antenna February 12th 11, 01:41 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By ka7niq
That new antenna company Innova is making them

That new antenna company Innova is making them
Forum: Antenna February 12th 11, 01:32 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By ka7niq
Here is your antenna...

Here is your antenna http://www.tgmcom.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=32:model-mq-26sr&catid=42:5-bands-2017151210-meters&Itemid=63
Forum: Antenna February 12th 11, 06:08 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By ka7niq
[/i][/color][/QUOTE] Those of us who live in...

[/i][/color][/QUOTE]

Those of us who live in Florida and operate mobile can verify what computer modelers have been telling us about vertical antennas. I can drive on the beach in my car with a 1/4...
Forum: Equipment February 12th 11, 05:45 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By ka7niq
What power rating does that Tuner have ?

What power rating does that Tuner have ?
Forum: Antenna February 12th 11, 05:39 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By ka7niq
I agree, many of us here in Tampa are using...

I agree, many of us here in Tampa are using vertical antennas worked against chain link fences as the only "radials". vertical antennas here in Tampa are controversial. Those near tampa Bay and salt...
Forum: Antenna February 12th 11, 05:33 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By ka7niq
That's what a friend of mine does here in Tampa....

That's what a friend of mine does here in Tampa. He has a vertical mounted to the intersection of 2 chain link fences. Now he is on Davis Island in the middle of Tampa Bay, and all that salt water...
Forum: Equipment February 12th 11, 05:25 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By ka7niq
Verticals depend a LOT on the ground around them....

Verticals depend a LOT on the ground around them. here in Tampa, those near salt water really do well with them, but east of tampa going inland away from the salt water of tampa bay, they are...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32