Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.97 seconds.
Forum: Moderated February 25th 10, 06:02 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Feb 22 2010 US License Numbers - What's Happened in 3 Years?

On Feb 24, 7:27�pm, Jeffrey Angus wrote:

Another purpose is to see how true various predictions have
turned out to be....
Forum: Moderated February 24th 10, 02:06 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Feb 22 2010 US License Numbers - What's Happened in 3 Years?

On Feb 23, 7:56�pm, "D. Stussy"
wrote:

-------------------
Is there a point to presenting the statistics?

Actually, there are two:

The first is to provide...
Forum: Moderated February 23rd 10, 11:54 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Feb 22 2010 US License Numbers - What's Happened in 3 Years?

Here's an attempt to reformat the numbers better:

The ARS License Numbers:

As of May 14, 2000:

Novice - 49,329 (7.3%)
Technician - 205,394 (30.4%)
Technician Plus - 128,860 (19.1%)
General -...
Forum: Moderated February 23rd 10, 11:00 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Feb 22 2010 US License Numbers - What's Happened in 3 Years?

These are the number of current, unexpired FCC-issued amateur radio
licenses held by individuals on the stated dates, and the percentage of
the total number of active licenses that class...
Forum: Moderated February 21st 10, 06:23 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
More CC&R stuff

On Feb 20, 9:15�am, Art Clemons wrote:

I don't see how a 3rd party can be sued under existing US
law over a contractual obligation of another.

I'm not a lawyer...
Forum: Moderated February 10th 10, 06:53 AM
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
The Theory of Licensing

On Feb 9, 2:50�pm, Dick Grady AC7EL wrote:

�If a wrong answer
counted a negative 1/5 of a right answer, then the passing threshold
could stay the same.

But then...
Forum: Moderated February 9th 10, 05:01 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
The Theory of Licensing

On Feb 8, 8:38 am, Dick Grady AC7EL wrote:

The current multiple-choice system is the most
practicable for testing at many sites in the field. My VEC sends to me
test...
Forum: Moderated February 8th 10, 07:28 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
The Theory of Licensing

On Feb 8, 10:50 am, "Michael J. Coslo" wrote:

The closest I have ever been to old time tests is an old 1957 Ameco
test...
Forum: Moderated February 8th 10, 07:06 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
The Theory of Licensing

On Feb 7, 2:27 pm, wrote:

I guess I'd argue that there's still a BIG technological split between
wh at was required to keep a transmitter on-channel (and without spurs)
Forum: Moderated February 7th 10, 06:34 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Simplicity and Emergencies

On Feb 7, 10:42�am, Art Clemons wrote:

�I suspect that there
presently isn't a ham equivalent of a Lister
engine and unless somebody
builds one, there won't be.

Take...
Forum: Moderated February 6th 10, 07:57 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
The Theory of Licensing

On Feb 6, 10:54�am, wrote:
I might argue that this entire thread is to some degree
ignoring
technical advances and economic realities.

I must respectfully disagree!

Forum: Moderated February 5th 10, 02:50 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Simplicity and Emergencies

The discussion about emergencies and complex systems reminded me of
Lister engines.

They're slow-speed diesel engines of very old design. Usually they are
used as backup generators.

They've...
Forum: Moderated February 5th 10, 02:28 AM
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
The Theory of Licensing

The amateurs are not there to provide news via satellite, or to do
television shows. We're not part of public safety or...
Forum: Moderated February 4th 10, 02:18 PM
Replies: 77
Posted By [email protected]
Antennas and CCRS

On Feb 3, 1:39 pm, Jeffrey D Angus wrote:

Do we all have to act like having an FCC grant (license)
somehow makes us...
Forum: Moderated February 4th 10, 02:17 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
The Theory of Licensing

On Feb 3, 12:43�am, "Michael J. Coslo" wrote:

A lot of Hams,
especially those who have been Hams for a long time, seem to
inadvertently downplay just what knowledge is...
Forum: Moderated February 3rd 10, 06:44 AM
Replies: 77
Posted By [email protected]
Antennas and CCRS

On Feb 1, 6:20�pm, Steve Bonine wrote:
Forum: Moderated February 1st 10, 02:23 PM
Replies: 77
Posted By [email protected]
Antennas and CCRS

I just saw this over on eham:

http://www.news-record.com/content/2010/01/30/article/welcome_to_the_ne
ighborhood_see_you_in_court

An extreme case, but it's real.

Imagine if a ham moved in....

73...
Forum: Moderated February 1st 10, 02:19 AM
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
The Theory of Licensing

Discussion of US Amateur Radio license requirements elsewhere got me
thinking that a discussion of the whole subject might be interesting.
For me, the place to start is the historical...
Forum: Moderated January 31st 10, 07:14 PM
Replies: 77
Posted By [email protected]
Antennas and CCRS

On Jan 29, 10:21�pm, Bill Horne wrote:

Having to look at 100 houses after telling an agent what you want means
something's...
Forum: Moderated January 30th 10, 11:24 PM
Replies: 77
Posted By [email protected]
Antennas and CCRS

On Jan 28, 9:32�am, Steve Bonine wrote:
wrote:
What I see happening more and more is that
deed restrictions and
similar one-sided unchangeable contracts...
Forum: Moderated January 28th 10, 08:13 AM
Replies: 77
Posted By [email protected]
Antennas and CCRS

On Jan 27, 12:45�pm, Steve Bonine wrote:

You go to a real estate agent. �
You give them your wish list. �They do
the best that they can to meet it. �The chances
of...
Forum: Moderated January 27th 10, 02:29 PM
Replies: 77
Posted By [email protected]
Antennas and CCRS

On Jan 25, 3:44�pm, Bill Horne wrote:
My wife and I looked at over 100 houses before
we selected the one I
live in now. I have *no* HOA, *no* CC&R's,
and *no* problem...
Forum: Moderated January 25th 10, 02:23 PM
Replies: 77
Posted By [email protected]
Antennas and CCRS

On Jan 25, 12:39�am, Rockinghorse Winner wrote:

I'm not going to argue from a constitutional perspective. A
contract is a contract.

But people renegotiate contracts all the...
Forum: Moderated January 25th 10, 02:22 PM
Replies: 77
Posted By [email protected]
Antennas and CCRS

On Jan 24, 8:10�pm, "Michael J. Coslo" wrote:

A person who lives in a place with an
HOA at some level wants to live there and is accepting of that fact.

Maybe.

Or...
Forum: Moderated January 23rd 10, 07:14 PM
Replies: 77
Posted By [email protected]
Antennas and CCRS

On Jan 23, 10:17�am, Steve Bonine wrote:

I wonder if such information exists;
is there some compilation of data
that says that xx% of home sales
included some kind of...