Showing results 1 to 25 of 337
Search took 21.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Brenda Ann[_2_]
Forum: Shortwave August 24th 12, 11:08 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
Hurricane Watch Net

"DhiaDuit" wrote in message

What will be the name of the next Tropical Storm, or...
Forum: Shortwave August 4th 12, 10:29 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
Geo- magnetic storm in progress

If you had a radio and no license, in order to get on the air you could
use a temporary callsign, which I...
Forum: Shortwave August 3rd 12, 01:56 AM
Replies: 25
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
Geo- magnetic storm in progress

Do you remember the giant sunspots during the 1960's you could see
with the naked eye? Solar flux...

Forum: Shortwave August 2nd 12, 02:28 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
India's power grid crashes. 370 million without electricity.

On 2012-07-31 05:33, dxAce wrote:
Yeah, we hit a 100 or so a few weeks ago, and along with the drought it's
been miserable.

Forum: Radio Photos July 31st 12, 02:39 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
Sparton 75A

Here's a shot of the bottom of the chassis I was talking about. I have
discovered that the IF can lids come off easily, and that I CAN get to
almost every pin on the RF/IF tube sockets. Still no...
Forum: Shortwave July 25th 12, 12:43 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
RIP - Sherman Hemsley

"dxAce" wrote in message ...

Sherman Hemsley died today at age 74. Perhaps best known for his role as
George Jefferson on the sitcom 'The Jeffersons'.

Movin'...
Forum: Shortwave July 8th 12, 12:21 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
Bring Back Canada Radio International

Shortwave has been replaced by online audio and...
Forum: Shortwave June 15th 12, 01:45 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
P.E.T.A QUEERS

wrote in message

You're insulting queers of all types.

PeTA is my biggest peeve.. assholes claim they are for animal rights.....
Forum: Shortwave June 14th 12, 11:56 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
P.E.T.A QUEERS

are in Jackson today, protesting the Ringling Bros Circus. How many Animals
have those P.E.T.A Queers...
Forum: Shortwave June 10th 12, 12:21 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
Biggest Whistleblower in JFK Case Ignored.

A few days ago I looked up The Drunkard's Song at Youtube. I don't think
that is the song I am looking...
Forum: Shortwave June 9th 12, 09:11 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
Biggest Whistleblower in JFK Case Ignored.

Find me the name of that song the mailman on horseback is singing in the
Sergeant York movie and I will...
Forum: Shortwave June 8th 12, 02:32 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
The Time has come

Volvo (the name means, I...
Forum: Shortwave May 22nd 12, 02:56 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
Needed: Large, detailed photos of the underside of a Hallicrafters SX-25

I'm trying to resurrect one of these radios that has been left in a bad
state by a previous owner who had started a restoration and left off with a
LOT of missing parts and parts dangling from one...
Forum: Shortwave May 3rd 12, 08:02 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
AFN OTA Television is no more

As of some time on the night of April 30, AFN Korea ceased programming,
leaving only a still of the WTC1 workers putting in the girder that made the
edifice the tallest building in NYC. That still...
Forum: Radio Photos May 2nd 12, 01:33 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
Cheating....

Do you see how they're cheating? This is a Lafayette 12SQ7..
Forum: Shortwave April 22nd 12, 04:48 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
A five hunert tun Asteroid to Earth by 2025.

"m II" wrote in message ...

If ever there was a planet that had it coming, it's this one.
Forum: Shortwave April 21st 12, 03:47 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
A five hunert tun Asteroid to Earth by 2025.

Now I Know they are CRAZY! On...
Forum: Shortwave April 7th 12, 12:30 AM
Replies: 55
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
KTRP-AM 1260 kHz 'Classic Country' Weiser, ID

@ 1AM {Local-PDT} on 13 Mar...
Forum: Shortwave March 24th 12, 02:27 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
Anyone out there that can help me troubleshoot this?

I have a Sony CRF-5090 Earth Orbiter. The thing sounds fantastic, and on the
bands that work (FM/AIR/SW3,4,5) it's very VERY sensitive and has better
than average selectivity. The problem is, it...
Forum: Shortwave March 21st 12, 08:22 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
They have yards in NYC?

wrote in message
news:[email protected]7...

Have a few 'friendly' raccoons visiting us once in a while. They go out in
pairs,in general,late at night...
Forum: Radio Photos March 18th 12, 04:00 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
Emerson Model 32 dial reproduction

"hifi-tek" wrote in message

Very nice job Brenda Ann. What did you use for the dial material?
Tom

The dial material(s) in this case are...
Forum: Radio Photos March 17th 12, 02:50 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
Emerson Model 32 dial reproduction

I somehow can never seem to get the pics in the proper order... but they
should be obvious which is A and which B. I think I've done a pretty decent
job reproducing the destroyed dial, with my...
Forum: Shortwave March 2nd 12, 02:56 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
RIP Andrew Brietbart: Dead at 43

Reportedly died of natural causes while jogging/running near his home.
Paramedics were unable to resuscitate on scene.
Forum: Shortwave February 27th 12, 08:07 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Brenda Ann[_2_]
Downconverters For VHF/UHF ?

"Robert11" wrote in message ...

Hello,

Anyone know of an "inexpensive" Downconverter that would enable the
hearing of vhf/uhf Aero frequencies on a sw radio that...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 337