Showing results 1 to 25 of 101
Search took 4.32 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill M[_5_]
Forum: Boatanchors October 20th 14, 12:31 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
Multiple manufacturers of the same device

Barry OGrady wrote:

A: Top-posting.

Q: What is the most annoying thing in usenet?

No, Usenet trolls are the most annoying thing. Get a life.
Forum: Boatanchors October 18th 14, 10:25 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
Multiple manufacturers of the same device

I think 'copying' would have had legal complications. Usually there was
a licensing arrangement involved. In such a case I imagine the license
holder would have provided detailled information.
Of...
Forum: Homebrew September 19th 14, 12:36 PM
Replies: 50
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
The Compleat Angler?

AndyW wrote:

I drive a lot of hire cars on business and the recent 'progress' means
that I often have to spend ages finding out how the maker of this
particular car has decided to...
Forum: Homebrew September 8th 14, 02:20 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
Anyone modified a Tecsun PL-390?

Lostgallifreyan wrote:

There's an Ultralite group on Yahoo. They do a lot with cobbling in
loops, etc to...
Forum: Homebrew September 8th 14, 12:06 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
Anyone modified a Tecsun PL-390?

There's an Ultralite group on Yahoo. They do a lot with cobbling in
loops, etc to such radios. I haven't checked-in in a long time since
back when I had a PL-380. They have tallied up some good...
Forum: Boatanchors August 12th 14, 11:05 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
Google Street View

Bill M wrote:
Since I'm winding up

OOPS! Obviously posted in error. This was meant to be an email to a
friend. Please ignore.
Forum: Boatanchors August 12th 14, 11:02 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
Google Street View

Since I'm winding up the month with a tad of surplus bandwidth I did
some more Street View touring.

South Africa has decent coverage. Interesting to see the huge prefab
black housing tracts...
Forum: Boatanchors May 2nd 14, 01:03 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
Bringing up old valve radios slowly?

Start off at, say, 50VAC and then increase by 50VAC every
1/2 hour until 240V is reached?

First off an ammeter is essential unless you prefer smoke as an indicator.

Secondly, you...
Forum: Boatanchors February 27th 14, 12:38 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
Heathkit HW-16 T/R Switching Noise

Channel Jumper wrote:

For modern use there are also several things not so good about it. The
compactron tv sweep tube in the final must be hard to find now. It was
Xtal controlled so you...
Forum: Radio Photos February 10th 14, 02:51 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
General Television - Model PA-5 (back cover).jpg

jimmy mac wrote:
In article ,

In article...
Forum: Radio Photos February 2nd 14, 10:13 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
What?

Jim Mueller wrote:

Did I break the group? There have been no posts showing up since the
ones I posted in September and early October....
Forum: Homebrew September 26th 13, 03:09 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
to shield or not to shield

n8zu wrote:
I build this filament transformer

Back then it made a great vibrator for those old hockey games. Now
that it has aged the vibrator has gone.

But alas when hooked up to my 4x1...
Forum: Radio Photos January 17th 13, 11:12 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
Ice wall behind my shop

Brenda Dyer wrote:

Wow what a build up. A buddy of mine in Indianapolis had an outside bibcock
Forum: Boatanchors September 23rd 12, 12:13 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
Marconi Atalanta

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
Bill M wrote:
FWIW, stick it in ebay search notifications and wait to see if one shows
up. Its Atlanta, btw, not Atalanta. That will help the search.

Forum: Boatanchors September 21st 12, 01:53 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
Marconi Atalanta

SandyYoung wrote:
Ex-ship radio operator friend is looking for a Marconi Atalanta 2207C.
Working or not - he can repair and service.

I have looked all over the web without success. All ideas...
Forum: Radio Photos July 2nd 12, 11:56 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
F/S CHEAP ICOM IC-756PRO III & Icom PW-1 1KW Amp.

SCAM ALERT! He's been hitting many of the forums. IP traces to Nigeria.

g0tar wrote:
Icom PW-1 1KW Amplifier S/N-02309, this amplifier is in excellent
condition! 10/12 meter mod done.
Forum: Homebrew June 13th 12, 01:24 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
I WILL BUY YOUR BROKEN/TRASHED ICOM H.F. RADIO

The Icom survived Nevis, Anguilla, Dom. Rep and was finally retired in
Vieques Is., PR. I have lived in VQS for the past 14 yrs.
-Bill WX4A/KP4

justme wrote:
Hey, Bill.

Where in the...
Forum: Homebrew June 9th 12, 02:09 AM
Replies: 2

justme wrote:
I WILL BUY YOUR BROKEN/TRASHED ICOM H.F. RADIO

I WILL BUY YOUR BROKEN/TRASHED ICOM H.F. RADIO

Hi,

I want to get back on the air by seeing if I can fix a trashed or
Forum: Boatanchors June 7th 12, 01:59 AM
Replies: 20
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
Heathkit Q meter - was Bonnton 190A, voltage stibilizer

Jim Mueller wrote:

Heathkit made a Q-meter kit that was patterned after
the Boonton, but simplified. I had one of these for years, and...
Forum: Boatanchors April 9th 12, 12:49 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
Drake TR-4 questions

Ernie wrote:
Problem found.

Thanks to Scott, Richard and Garey for your suggestions. They were all
good ones but I think Richard's crystal ball may have been closest when
he stated,...
Forum: Radio Photos February 21st 12, 02:20 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
My new toys

Wow, nice!
Forum: Radio Photos January 28th 12, 02:06 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
My Radiola 60

Brenda Ann wrote:

"Bill M" wrote in message ...

Great, Brenda. I guess there aren't many of them to be found over there.

-Bill
Forum: Radio Photos January 27th 12, 02:28 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
My Radiola 60

Brenda Ann wrote:
I did my best to make the beast look original, taking a lot of time to
strip, sand, restain and repaint the trim. The lid, regardless of how it
looks in the pic, is not...
Forum: Boatanchors November 14th 11, 12:49 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
Hallicrafters General coverage receivers

Hard to compare without more specifics! Hammarlund HQ-180(A) gets beat
up in some circles for reduced AM quality audio. That's what you get
when you have good selectivity.

There's so many models...
Forum: Homebrew November 12th 11, 12:35 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Bill M[_5_]
seeking modern catalog of vacuum tubes

David Griffith wrote:
Michael Black wrote:
On Thu, 10 Nov 2011, David Griffith wrote:

Is there such thing as a modern databook or catalog of
currently-produced vacuum...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 101