Showing results 1 to 25 of 48
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John from Detroit
Forum: Moderated September 5th 11, 02:54 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By John from Detroit
Auto-pilot QSOs

On 8/21/2011 4:09 PM, Jeffrey Angus wrote:
Having finally gotten back on the air after a substantial
absence, I noticed a rather disturbing trend especially
with the PSK mode.

If I stick...
Forum: Moderated August 9th 11, 04:11 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By John from Detroit
[ADMIN] Seeking Test Submissions to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On 8/9/2011 10:40 AM, Paul W. Schleck wrote:

Also via Google Groups in Mountain View, California.

Google Groups hasn't updated this newsgroup...
Forum: Moderated April 21st 11, 05:22 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By John from Detroit
Antenna tower hinge idea. Will this work

On 4/20/2011 12:16 PM, stryped wrote:
My idea is to make some sort of hinge so I could lower it over and
raise it. I know I mentioned it before but now seems to be the time I
need to do it. (My...
Forum: Dx April 7th 11, 10:07 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By John from Detroit
Reverse lookup

On 4/6/2011 8:59 PM, Henry wrote:
John from Detroit wrote:

Does anyone know of a program that allows you to put in a country name
and get the various...
Forum: Dx April 6th 11, 10:55 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By John from Detroit
Reverse lookup

On 4/3/2011 8:21 PM, Henry wrote:
Does anyone know of a program that allows you to put in a country name
and get the various ham prefixs that go with it? I sometimes see a new
country is going...
Forum: Moderated March 25th 11, 07:36 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By John from Detroit
FCC Daily Digest 03/16/2011

On 3/18/2011 9:22 PM, Bill Horne wrote:

I'm confused: why does a spectrum auction at 700 MHz affects hams? I
didn't think we had a dog in that fight.

The ARRL site has good info on this poorly...
Forum: Moderated December 2nd 10, 01:52 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By John from Detroit
HF interference from WiFi router

On 12/1/2010 3:00 PM, Bert Hyman wrote:
In Bert Hyman

My Actiontec GT701-WG router pretty much obliterates the 17m...
Forum: Moderated December 2nd 10, 01:51 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By John from Detroit
HF interference from WiFi router

On 12/1/2010 2:59 PM, AzzMazta wrote:
On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 08:32:21 EST, Andy wrote:

wait untill you get one of the new smart meters :)
from youre power company

Not familiar with those,...
Forum: Moderated December 1st 10, 02:21 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By John from Detroit
HF interference from WiFi router

On 11/17/2010 5:38 PM, Bert Hyman wrote:
Changing the router's WiFi
channel has no effect on the noise.

It would not.. The "Radio" frequency in the router is like 800 MHZ, way
above the 17...
Forum: Moderated November 23rd 10, 02:14 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By John from Detroit
Contact with DL5CC -- thanks! (was Request for (Nebraska)CW schedule from Germany)

On 11/17/2010 5:41 PM, Bert Hyman wrote:
In "ARRL NE Section"

Two days ago I forwarded a note from Manfred,...
Forum: Moderated November 10th 10, 07:13 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By John from Detroit
FCC Daily Digest 11/09/2010

On 11/9/2010 3:13 PM, Howard Lester wrote:
wrote

+ MARK S. WINTERSOLE. Denied the petition for reconsideration. Action
+ by: Deputy Chief, Mobility Division, Wireless...
Forum: Moderated November 9th 10, 02:53 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By John from Detroit
US Charges K1MAN with Failure to Pay Fine

On 11/8/2010 12:39 PM, KC4UAI wrote:
On Nov 8, 9:00 am, John from wrote:

Well... You can not deny a renawal till the license comes up for renew
al

Actually,...
Forum: Moderated November 8th 10, 03:00 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By John from Detroit
US Charges K1MAN with Failure to Pay Fine

On 11/8/2010 8:18 AM, KC4UAI wrote:
On Nov 6, 5:56 pm, Bill wrote:

I'd really like to get that part of 20 Meters back soon....

"The mills of the gods...
Forum: Moderated November 8th 10, 01:17 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By John from Detroit
US Charges K1MAN with Failure to Pay Fine

On 11/6/2010 7:56 PM, Bill Horne wrote:
"Two US Attorneys have filed a Complaint...
Forum: Moderated May 4th 10, 02:35 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By John from Detroit
What makes a real ham

N2EY wrote:
WA8YXM said:
The
Wilson WE-800 Revision 3 (3rd production run) and I might add, it had o
perated from -40 to well over 120 degrees. F

You've got me beat there!

The...
Forum: Moderated May 3rd 10, 02:07 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By John from Detroit
What makes a real ham

K6LHA wrote:

There have been a great number of civilian fixed station equipments that
have been designated as "military" (by the addition of a sticker/label)
as far back as 1953 without any...
Forum: Moderated May 3rd 10, 02:00 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By John from Detroit
What makes a real ham

N2EY wrote:

In a lot of situations - and not just military ones - that it
continued to work is a lot more important than how advanced the radio
is.

I think the main point is that how...
Forum: Moderated May 3rd 10, 01:51 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By John from Detroit
What makes a real ham

In a discussion of MIL-STD 810

K6LHA wrote:

A generalized statement like that indicates no experience with adverse
environments. One can "perform" like a champ at room temperature in a
Forum: Moderated May 1st 10, 06:43 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By John from Detroit
What makes a real ham

KHB wrote:

As to being open to real progress.. For many decades we have...
Forum: Moderated May 1st 10, 06:42 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By John from Detroit
Wash DC ham numbers. What is wrong?

One of the things that influences the number of hams in a city or county
is the jobs of at least ONE of those ham radio operators.

For example some years ago the number of ham licenses in Branch...
Forum: Moderated April 22nd 10, 04:27 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By John from Detroit
What makes a real ham

KHB wrote:
Yes, the new ARRL website organization is a train wreck. Broken links
abound!

That is fairly common when a new page debuts... Alas, one would wish
that they would fully test it...
Forum: Moderated April 22nd 10, 01:53 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By John from Detroit
moving the front mic jack around

David Griffith wrote:
As I approach the point when I'm ready to get an HF rig, I thought I'd
get some answers now. One thing that bugs me is to have cables sticking
out very near knobs and...
Forum: Moderated April 18th 10, 02:20 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By John from Detroit
generating morse code

David Griffith wrote:
N2EY wrote:
Yes, but there were several reasons for the...
Forum: Moderated April 18th 10, 02:16 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By John from Detroit
NPR story cites growth in Amateur ranks

Larry Weil wrote:
Patty Winter wrote in

"15-year-old Jonathan Dunn is attending along with his father. He
says Facebook and texting are fun, but making friends using...
Forum: Moderated April 17th 10, 02:28 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By John from Detroit
Wash DC ham numbers. What is wrong?

N2EY wrote:

5) Regulatory agencies are usually headed by political appointees.
That's the nature of the game since Andrew Jackson described the
"spoils system." The FAA isn't run by all...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 48